Basket Muzzle Help

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had any good resources for getting basket muzzles for hounds. We are going to be visiting our parents in 2 weeks who have a small dog and we want to have a basket muzzle for our GH to wear since he was adopted to us as being too "intent" on small dogs to be completely safe. He is very interested in small dogs around our apartment complex but when two off leash TINY dogs (teacup yorkie and chihuahua-with a very irresponsible owner) approached him while we had him on lead he sniffed them politely until they started running around and he stared at them (not politely). We were able to break his gaze and walk away but I would much rather have a muzzle for him to have an extra layer of security (though I know that even muzzled dogs can do harm).

If things become too overwhelming for him being in the same house as a small dog, we will have his crate (which he is well accustomed to) and his bed and his array of toys so that we could separate them in different rooms comfortably if need be. We will also likely keep him on the leash indoors so we can monitor him at all times but we want to have a muzzle on him as well. I ordered one from a rescue about 2 weeks ago but it hasn't arrived and I haven't been able to get in contact with the rescue through email or phone so I want to try to order another one before it is too late. Does anyone have any good ideas of where to order/get them? We are in the Boston, MA area and the only places I have been able to look so far in store are Petco and Petsmart and the Baskerville ones they carry look like they are too short for the muzzle of the dog...am I wrong, are these just as effective as the longer ones?

Thanks for your help!

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

Contact GEMS. Call or email Merrie or Laz.

mwest89698@aol.com

merrie@gemgreyhounds.net

GreytHounds of Eastern Michigan - GEM

PO Box 194

Wayne, MI 48184

Phone: 1-877-GEM-DOGS (toll free)

EMail: gemboard@gemgreyhounds.org

http://gemgreyhounds.org/

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Got mine from the GEM online store.

Beware that they can still injure and kill with a muzzle on so strict management is still necessary.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest kiana325

If you don't mind a used one, I have two extras. I have a large pink and a small blue. I'd pop 'em through the dishwasher and mail one to you if you'd like. I would say unless Padfoot is a big boy either would fit. Give a shout if you are interested, if not I'm not offended!

If you don't mind a used one, I have two extras. I have a large pink and a small blue. I'd pop 'em through the dishwasher and mail one to you if you'd like. I would say unless Padfoot is a big boy either would fit. Give a shout if you are interested, if not I'm not offended!

Thank you! I wish I had waited a little while because we would have definitely taken them, but I ended up contacting GEM earlier that day. Could you donate them to one of the rescues in town?

Contact GEMS. Call or email Merrie or Laz.

mwest89698@aol.com

merrie@gemgreyhounds.net

GreytHounds of Eastern Michigan - GEM

PO Box 194

Wayne, MI 48184

Phone: 1-877-GEM-DOGS (toll free)

EMail: gemboard@gemgreyhounds.org

http://gemgreyhounds.org/

Thank you for the info--I contacted Merrie and she was great to work with! She even sent one of each size so we could figure out which will fit our male the best!

Got mine from the GEM online store.

Beware that they can still injure and kill with a muzzle on so strict management is still necessary.

Yes, we will watch him like a hawk while we are there--which is why the leash will stay on at all times. It's a short visit so it shouldn't distress him to be attached to me while we are in the house, especially because he doesn't let us out of his sight even when we are at home.

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

LOVE the gals at the GEM store!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--