My Puck

Guest ShelbyP

Guest ShelbyP

...since I lost my baby, Puck. She came to be a member of our family in '92 when she was three years old. She stole my heart at first glance and I know that the feeling was mutual. Although it was my mother and sister who went to pick her up, it was my mother and I she chose to velcro to for the next 10 years. She felt safety and comfort with my mom, who was home with her all day, but she felt limitless love and affection from me. The first night we had her, she was determined to get up the stairs to figure out what was up there and I was there to carry her up the steps and teach her how to master the steps (she succeed before bedtime). She was so shy to my hugs at first, but she welcomed my affections and soon was the best hug-giver I knew (that includes people!) and was ready for a hug and a kiss whenever. She taught me that big dogs are VERY cuddly and just as fun (if nor more!) as smaller breeds. She would sit an watch tv, looking so regal with her 'dainty' paws and she loved getting lotion on her paws. She quickly learned which can held the green beans and if you got one out, you'd better share with her! She also learned certain words very quickly and you could not use the word walk in our house, unless you meant to take her out. We spelled the word instead, but she soon learned that, too, so it was no help! She also freaked when she heard Grandma and Grandpa, because with Grandpa came the promise of more walks. She also loved to hear car ride because it meant Grandma and Grandpa's house!!! She was the BEST thing in my life and I so miss her! I miss the noises she makes, the little grunts distinguishable and meaning different things, and I most of all I miss her hugs. As time goes by it is supposed to be less painful, but the grief I feel today is just as great, if not greater than when I lost her. I am hoping that by writing things out that it will give me and outlet for my grief and by hearing your stories of your dogs, both past and present, I will be able to feel a kinship with others who understand and who will support me. Thanks for reading about my baby, I hope you've enjoyed her story as much as I have enjoyed all of yours!

post-15-1060352503.jpg

That was a beautiful tribute to your sweet Puck...she was a much-loved little girl :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Puck. May your hearts be blessed with beautiful memories of your precious girl. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hold the memories of sweet Puck close to your heart. They will forever live there.

:f_pink

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Your tribute to Puck was very touching and made me cry. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our hearts heal in time, and sometimes opening your heart to loving another precious pupper makes the pain easier to take. Puck is looking down on you and smilin'... and will always be with you in spirit. :angelwings

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest ProudGreyMom

I'm so sorry for you loss, I truly understand as I just went thru this last week. She was your heart dog and you gave her the very best life. She had happy, lotioned, feet!!! She's running free and happy now, just watching over you and your family as always.

Wow..what a touching dedication to Puck...Oh she was loved and you were loved...the photo is priceless..Thanks for allowing us a gimpse of your life together

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08