Lucy The Cat

Guest maryinmadison

Guest maryinmadison

She came to us as a kitten when my daughter was 10 and they bonded immediately. Lucy (the cat) and my daughter (Becky) and I lived together as a family til Becky was 18 and went to college. Then I kept the cat for her, as soon as she could she got an apartment where she could have her cat and we moved Lucy from Wisconsin to Texas!

Yesterday, at age 18, Lucy was tired, stressed, hadn't been eating or driniking, dehydrated and very very old (like Bob Hope's age in people years) and my daughter had to make the awful decision to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge. She called me from the vet's -- sobbing.

Lucy was the best cat we ever knew!! She's in a better place now, we both know that, but so hard for us left here!

God speed, little Lucy. f_yellow

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Godspeed precious Lucy...run free sweet kitty girl... :f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. So hard to let a good friend go, even when you know it's time. Hugs to you and your daughter.

Godspeed, Lucy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Champsmom

Sounds like your kitty lived a long fulfilled life as your DD 's lifelong friend. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. Sorry for your loss

Run Free kitty chase those mice with all the other kittys at the bridge.

Im sorry for your loss. Sounds like she lived a long life surrounded by lots of love.

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest ProudGreyMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lucy had a wonderful life with you and your daughter, and now she is at peace and free of pain. Please tell your daughter how sorry I am too. f_yellow