Sore On Inner Thigh?

Guest Rhea

Is this from friction or licking?? Or did he catch himself on a plant or something while relieving himself?? It isn't bleeding outright, but it does look kinda... shiny? and Wet? I guess??? I can only get a good look at it when Dane is roaching, which he isn't doing atm, so those are the best pictures I have at the moment. What should I do?

IS there anything I can do?? I'm not sure a bandage or anything would stay if it was put there...

(Apologies for doggie dong in one of the pics...)

sore001_zpsdf9d066b.jpg

sore002_zpsc00d7de1.jpg

Could be bug bites (google mayfly bite images) or allergies. My boy has environmental allergies and when he starts to flair he develops these lesions-if not treated he breaks with full blown staph pyoderma. I would use an antibacterial wash (chlorhexadine) and apply an ointment like Animax for a few days.

Guest RMarie

Could be sores from licking. Are they yellow and pus-filled? If so, it could be a staph infection. When James had staph infections in the past, the first evidence were sores in the groin area.

Guest Marsroving

Mars had something similar on the inside of his back thigh, luckliy it healed up on its own and didn't bother him (he never licked it). Oddly enough he does have a scar there now but that's it.

No pus that I can detect, fortunately. I don't have any Animax on hand, maybe I'll stop by the vet's and see if they'll give me a small tube? We shall have to see.