Dropped Middle Toe, Right Front Foot

Greyhound friends of mine just adopted a four-year-old female with 85 races to her credit. She has a dropped middle toe on her right foot and limps occasionally on pavement and hard-packed fine gravel.

What does this mean in terms of her health both in the short and long term? Does anyone have any advice on treating her and what to watch out for now and in the future? It is questionable if the toe is completely healed.

They have an appointment for her next week at their local vet (who may not be familiar with dropped toes) and another appointment the following week with a Grey savvy holistic vet who is also an animal chiropractor. Until then, should they limit her walks and not allow her to run or just carry on as usual?

Thanks for any advice.

My brood mom Raina, who came to me at 8.5, and is now 12.5, has a dropped middle toe on her right front foot, for whatever reason, it is also missing the nail. It was totally healed when she came to me. She does limp occasionally, but it doesn't slow her down :)

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

Wendy has a dropped toe on a hind foot. Other than look weird, it gives her no problem.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

It shouldn't be an issue. Rare is the greyhound that doesn't have something going on with their feet/toes :rolleyes: .I'd let her run and play as much as she wanted and as long as it wasn't painful-and it shouldn't be- walks are wonderful too.