Trifexis Anyone Use This?

Guest tsmith1

Guest 2greys2cats

Is there a tick pill instead of a collar? I would prefer to give a pill or can u give triflexis and frontline plus? I still have some interceptor left. I too am hoping they produce more soon.

There is no tick pill, only flea pills.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd bet dollars to donuts most Swiss in the business world speak English.

They are based in AU (given away by the term "expry date"). We all have comfort levels. I have a comfort level in buying AU made Heartgard made by Merial from a company that has an address and a toll free number phone number where I can talk to someone (on Aussie hours, but that works for me). Not so sure about an Aussie company that has no listed phone and operates only via e-mail through what is probably a P.O. box in Switzerland to add a layer between them and authorities. This is what I received from them today -

"HI,

The Heartgard we have is the USA packaging manufactured in the USA - the exact same product you get at your local vets. We have been importing for over 10 years with an import permit. We cannot sell here in Australia, incorrect packaging but we supply customers in the USA."

Is there really THAT much incorrect packaging?????

I just got my order Monday for my 3 boxes of trifexis. It is sold under a panoramis in AUS, but it's the same company manufacturing it and the exact same ingredients. It didn't take long to get my order and the website has the option of paying with PayPal which makes it a much more secure transaction.

Also, my vet was already prescribing my dogs Trifexis and this is what my dogs are used to taking. I did not just decide to have them start taking a new med without talking to a vet first.

Edited by BellaBean

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

• 2 weeks later...

What do you use for Heartworm meds? My vet only sells revolution but I would prefer giving a pill rather than a topical.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest BuckeyeAmy

I use a knife to break the large tablet into four pieces which I then hide in raw ground beef. After a few plain beef balls, they get the medicated ones and swallow them whole with no problems. It's important to follow the directions and make sure your dog has food in his stomach before giving the dose! This stuff can cause upset tummies and vomiting. As long as they have food in their stomachs, my boys have no issues with this medicine. I like that it is a multi-tasker and can prevent fleas and heart worm and also two types of worms. You still need to protect for ticks if it applies to you in your area. Yes it can be pricey but often the company that makes it offers mail in rebates. I receive coupons in the mail for the next round also.