Sigh. Peeing In The House Again

So here we go again. Last night at 12.30, I heard one of the girls go downstairs, then return. Sure enough, this morning, a pee puddle on one of the old beds. Last time this happened there had been a huge thunderstorm at last turnout so neither dog went out. Last night, another rainstorm cut turnout short. The problem is, I don't know which one it was.

So, either one or both of them really needed last turnout OR its another UTI.

Thinking about it, both have been getting more liquid than normal in their meals, so I'm cutting that back as they have plenty of water available, and I'll make sure they both get a proper turnout, thunderstorm or not, before bed. Then we watch and see. If it repeats, we're back to the vet for another round of antibiotics.

I know that cranberries are something some of you all swear by and others don't think works, but I'm thinking that it couldn't hurt to add some to their meals.

Not looking for advice, more just a whinge.

Might be worthwhile to leash up on stormy nights and walk them around so you SEE them go for sure.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

None of my dogs will go out in a thunderstorm. I usually watch the radar and check to see what's going on outside. As soon as there is a slowdown or tiny break in the weather, I scoot them all out the door quickly. Even my thunder phobic guy will go quickly. I have had to stay up late a few times, just to make sure they get out. I always go out with them.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

When she won't go in the backyard because of thunderstorms or fireworks... we leash up and cross the road to the nearest lamp-post. Which, of course, has tons of p-mail on it. She will go then. Have you tried something like that?

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Cranberry only works on bacteria that have pilli, which unfortunately most don't. It seems that there is a higher proportion of bacteria having pilli in kidney infections. Generally cranberry "can't hurt", unless a dog is prone to forming stones. Cranberry may promote stone formation and probably shouldn't be used in dogs that like to form stones.

I used it for awhile for Kili's endless kidney infection problems. Didn't seem to help much if at all.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!