Need Some Positive Thoughts For Ronon

Guest WhiteWave

I know EXACTLY how you feel........Wed. my 15.5 yo Skeeter had a dental/mass removal (the last of his life, I'm sure) and did not come out of anesthesia well.

That very night, Desi started throwing clots & wound up at OSU in int.care.

When it all happens at once, it's so overwhelming.

Prayers that Ronan's bony lump is NOT what you fear........hugs & white light to Casper and Pongo, as well. Be strong, we're thinking of you.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:hope I can relate...when one of our hounds limps, I immediately pray not to take my pup from me. Not sure whom I'm asking, but I worry like crazy too.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

He is walking on it some tonight. I'm hoping maybe he just injured himself being so active. I had one foster Greyhound that I took for xrays b/c she got a boney growth on her front legs and it was from her bouncing so much and the tendon constantly rubbing the bone is had calcium growth. Vet took me back and blew the xrays up and zoomed in on the spot so I could see that it was not cancer.

I am trying to be more positive, but after losing 3 to the O word, my mind automatically goes there. But last week I thought he had spinal stenosis! He is really sore in the his pelvic area too. If you run your fingers down his spine and once you get to his hip/pelvic area, he will drop to the ground if you put any pressure on it. I am thinking if his limping is something treatable, I will try a chiropractor. Only reason I hesitate is he really freaks out when anyone but me is handling him. So someone working on his back may cause more harm than good. The chiropractor really helped Linus.

But I've been upset all week anyways. Casper's tumors are back and his back end is giving out. He has hip dysplasia and knee caps pops in and out of place. Pongo is coughing more at night even after they increased his Lasix dosage. He has CHF. Vet says there is a new "miracle" drug out for it, but it is out of my budget, even for a 20lb dog. Which that makes me feel like a failure, but I can't afford and extra $150-200 a month every month right now.

So I feel like I'm losing 3 dogs all at once and not so sure how I can deal with that. They are pretty much my whole life.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest grey_dreams

Sorry for all your worries and the doggie illnesses. :grouphug Just remember that they live for the moment, and try to remain in the moment with them and not have fear for the future (I know, easier said than done, but wanted to put that out there for you) :grouphug They love you and you love them. Cherish the bonds in the moment. :grouphug