Desi's Coming Home!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday: two steps forward, one step back. Today was not quite so good. That big lumpage (clot) in his thigh seems to be kind of

breaking up, and now there is a smaller lump down closer to his knee that is bothering him more. Does that happen?

Another issue is that when they took away his carprofen for the measley 1/2 aspirin, his front wrists are much more achy, and he's

limping on the front nearly as bad as on the rear. Does anyone know of any natural or holistic something-or-other that would have

anti-inflammatory properties yet he could take with the aspirin?

Today made me realize that we're a long way from being out of the woods.

Edited by DesiRayMom

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Look up Yucca; I think it should work. A natural anti inflamatory. I order Azmira's brand from Greyhound Gang's Claudia.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Kathy, contact Osu-you still may be able to use a NSAID. The aspirin is such a low dose you most likely can still use both together. My Kate was on a high dose of pred and they placed her on the same dose aspirin. Also, you should be able to use Tramadol without a problem.

Edited cause I always think of something else---while he's at the clinic why don't you use injectable Rimadyl??

Edited by tbhounds

Look up Yucca; I think it should work. A natural anti inflamatory. I order Azmira's brand from Greyhound Gang's Claudia.

Yes, yucca is very effective. You can also check on Duralactin. It too is highly effective. I would try these first because they are safe and are unlikely to upset his stomach which has been throuigh a lot lately. If they don't work then you can move on to the rx drugs and their possible GI side effects. But just because something is natural and safe does not mean it is ineffective. Duralactin in particular has proven significant anti-inflammatory propeerties and is safe. Springtime Health's products based on glucosimine and chrondroitan are also effective and so are DGP pills. BTW yucca is not supposed to be for long term use but I did use it long term with Goldie and it was very beneficial. Kisses for Desi!

Checking in on your sweet boy. How is he doing?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.