Sadness & Guilt - Shelby

Guest azlorenz

I think if you are second guessing it isn't time. When you are at peace in your heart with the decision, that's when it is time. Enjoy each minute and {{hugs}} to you, Lynn, Shelby ..... and Stewie.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I've been there and it is never easy. I've had to remind myself that letting them go is the last, most loving gift we can give them. Enjoy what time you have left and you will know when it is time to let him go.

:bighug

Plummer will be 13 in June. He loses weight, and is weak going up the stairs and also was throwing up several times a week. I started to give him Ensure in his food, acid reducer, and he is gaining weight again. He is so full of life and I am just going with the flow with him.

So hard to see them get to this state.

Carrie will be 14 in May. She gets around pretty well (actually moves more "normally" the faster she goes). Last May she hurt her back though, and her hind end was sinky. Prednisone and acupuncture were a miracle for her.

Today she walks and runs and is happy, with no medication other than fish oil on her food, and the joint health tabs from Springtime Inc.

If Shelby is happy otherwise, I'd say she's not ready yet. Is there an acupuncturist that you could take her to? I'd also feed her at her bed if she's okay with that. Sutra ate at his bed for a while when I first got him and he was too weak to stand for very long. When Carrie was hurting, I fed her at her bed too.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest PhillyPups

Kyle, I just traveled this exact same journey with my sweeet MoeMoeFancyPants. It sukks. Moe had an unexpected episode a week ago last Monday night (she would hve been 14 last Monday) she looked at me and I knew. Her eyes said "I can't do this anymore". Within an hour we were at the vet. I miss her so, but am so at peace with her leaving. If I had kept her until her 14th birthday it would have been for me. In reading your post I am bawling like a baby again.

:bighug :bighug

I'm slowly watching my old fella Milky Way decline too so I know exactly what your going through. It hurts so much to know that I've done everything I can but I can't stop time and make him young and better again.

I have to believe they will let us know when they are done. Until then we just keep loving them :)

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Thanks everyone. Yeah she is hanging in there and seems somewhat stable. We'll take it day by day as only the same day I posted this message after carrying her down the berm, she did her business and then went for a shot bouncy sprint.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.