Ripley Is Our Latest Osteo Diagnosis - Update 1/21/13

Guest dwolfe711

Guest dwolfe711

Rip goes to the vet tomorrow morning - bloodwork was excellent - Dad is taking him and staying until they are ready to put him under and then will go back to stay with him when he is waking up. If he wakes up in a crate he freaks - I mean freaks. We found this out when he had to be put under for some stitches about a year ago and when he woke up he just went crazy and they didn't know if he was reacting to the anesthesia or what. they called Dave and when he got there the vet was laying on the floor with him in one of the exam rooms trying to calm him down - he was still hyperventilating and she was so worried about him. We finally figured out the crate thing and so when he had his dental a few months ago we went to plan B and the vets are happy to accommodate our request to not crate him and to allow Dave to be there with him instead. So hopefully by this time tomorrow he will be out of surgery and be awake and ready to soon go home. then he can show us how much of a whuss he is really is during recovery - it will be interesting to see how he handles it - he definitely is a big baby!! Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts and prayers -

Sending prayers for an uneventful procedure and smooth recovery.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, Donna. I've been thinking about Ripley, and hoping that everything is going (or went) well. You and Dave and your sweet boy are in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Lots of prayers and good thoughts going out for your sweet Ripley.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest dwolfe711

Ripley is doing well - he's been a bit hesitant to walk with the bandaged foot but today he managed to get on the couch two different times when we weren't watching - so he's feeling better. He will go for a check up on Wednesday night and bandage change - then stitches out in another week plus. I know the lab results seem to take forever - but hopefully it was localized and he's got a bunch more years to go!! Thanks so much for all the good thoughts and prayers!

starting the chant: B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9,B9!!! and so on!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• 3 weeks later...