Hi From Nw Wisconsin

Guest cdholl

I am Central WI, too. . . (wausau) waiting on my first grey to come from foster next week!

Who's fostering your pup, do you know?

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Yes - Jackie and Matt in Milwaukee. DId you get your grey from GPA?

Miriam is from GPA. She is a failed foster. Actually her adoption fell through and Dixie (adopted from Midwest GH Adoption out of Illinois) begged us to keep her. She likes having a buddy and someone to boss around :colgate

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Guest iclarkz

I hear people talking about "failed fosters" a lot. .. is that when people foster with no potential adoptees, and then decide to keep them? Tell me people don't keep them when someone is waiting on them!

I hear people talking about "failed fosters" a lot. .. is that when people foster with no potential adoptees, and then decide to keep them? Tell me people don't keep them when someone is waiting on them!

In our case, the potential adopter for Miriam was turned down. There were no other potential adopters (that I was aware of) waiting in the wings. I doubt people who foster keep dogs when someone is waiting for them.

Guest greytone
I am in Chippewa Falls...about 5 min. from Eau Claire, and an hour and a half from St. Paul.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Oh I love it up there! In 2010, I got married and we honeymooned up there. Its so beautiful and we did the Liene's tour too.

I am Central WI, too. . . (wausau) waiting on my first grey to come from foster next week!

The reason we first looked into greyhounds was because of a house my husband worked in in Wausau (he's a plumber), and they had two that calmly perused the house while he worked, and he thought they were the coolest. My husband went to high school there and I lived there for 5 years on the east side. So here we are 10 years into the greyt experience - except back in Chippy. lol. Make sure you let us know when your grey gets there. Is she/he on gpawisconsin? I'd love to see a pic!!! Congrats!

I grew up in Chippewa!! Home of Leinenkugels :). Now living in MN. Welcome to Greytalk.

Cool! Small world...if you grew up in Chippy then you no doubt know where I live - I'm right by Chi-Hi; grew up going to the west hill for school and now I live on it! aagghh. haha

Hello from Madison! I drive past you every time I go home to visit my parents. :) I'll wave next time!

I'm right off of old 29 - a couple years ago I probably could have actually seen you wave!

In our case, the potential adopter for Miriam was turned down. There were no other potential adopters (that I was aware of) waiting in the wings. I doubt people who foster keep dogs when someone is waiting for them.

No they usually don't, but foster families get first dibs on the dog they are fostering if there are no potential families, or if something happens and families don't end up getting the dog.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest iclarkz
Is she/he on gpawisconsin? I'd love to see a pic!!! Congrats!

Yep! Her name is "Over" on the site:

http://www.gpawisconsin.org/adopt/petfinder-results/

She is going to be "Evie," courtesy of my 9-year--old son.

I am driving to OshKosh to get her on Monday. Very excited, and a little nervous.

We live on the Eastside of Wausau . .. near 10th and Hamilton. Small world!

I wish there was a bigger greyhound community here. I think there are a couple in Kronenwetter, but haven't heard of any others.

No they usually don't, but foster families get first dibs on the dog they are fostering if there are no potential families, or if something happens and families don't end up getting the dog.

Whew. .. I was starting to worry a little, although our foster mom seems awesome. I hope our girl isn't too sad to leave her!

I am driving to OshKosh to get her on Monday. Very excited, and a little nervous.

I wish there was a bigger greyhound community here. I think there are a couple in Kronenwetter, but haven't heard of any others.

Whew. .. I was starting to worry a little, although our foster mom seems awesome. I hope our girl isn't too sad to leave her!

Evie will be just fine. Congrats on your new girl. Feel free to join the GPA -WI forum also if you haven't already. Lots of good things on there too.

Hopefully you will be able to make The Gala in October.

Edited by Rustyroo

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I also wish there was a bigger greyhound community up here. About the only thing I liked about living near Chicago was the strong greyhound community.

There use to be meet 'n greets in Plover, but with the economy and the price of gas, people weren't making it to the events. I know there are a few greyhounds in the Stevens Point area and besides our two here, the pharmacy manager at Walgreens in Marshfield has two greyhounds.

Guest Gillybear

Cool! Small world...if you grew up in Chippy then you no doubt know where I live - I'm right by Chi-Hi; grew up going to the west hill for school and now I live on it! aagghh. haha

I'm right off of old 29 - a couple years ago I probably could have actually seen you wave!

I went to school at McDonell High, across from Chi-Hi. Know the area well! Though I grew up in the boonies instead of in town :)

She is beautiful and the same age as our new girl! Have you been stalking her pics on gpawisconsin every day as I did before Brandy came home? My Inlaws live not far from there so maybe we can meet up sometime for a grey play date. ;)

Guest iclarkz
My Inlaws live not far from there so maybe we can meet up sometime for a grey play date. ;)

That would be great! Let me know when you'll be in the area!