Pro Collar -- Nice E-Collar Alternative

saw this while surfing the Dog Shaming site -- I don't know how well it works but it sure looks a LOT more comfy than a plastic e-collar!

http://www.gandbmarketing.com/products_procollar.html

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

this is what i found really successful when felix had staples-

http://www.bitenot.com/

it couldn't puncture and he even grew hair on his neck while he wore it. i just kept his thinner martingale at the top of the collar, right under his jaw.

we used that on our German Shorthaired Pointer, Remy, when he had licked open a hot spot on his back side -- worked great. His neck was shorter than any of our greys, perhaps they make slightly longer ones too.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We tried one like that from the vet when Beth had her toe injury and it did NOT work AT ALL. First off, one size was too small and one size was too big for her (around the neck for a proper fit) and it didn't stay in place; and then with the long greyhound nose it totally didn't stop her reaching her foot. Maybe it would help on an injury on their back.

Muzzle with stool guard has been much, much, much better for us.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

We tried one like that from the vet when Beth had her toe injury and it did NOT work AT ALL. First off, one size was too small and one size was too big for her (around the neck for a proper fit) and it didn't stay in place; and then with the long greyhound nose it totally didn't stop her reaching her foot. Maybe it would help on an injury on their back.

Muzzle with stool guard has been much, much, much better for us.

Nadir had a corn on his rear leg surgically removed this past Tuesday. I tried the Bite Not collar which proved to be absolutely ineffective, with those long greyhound legs it was no effort at all for him to reach his foot. Muzzle with stool guard is what is working for us now too. Although I have to say since I sprayed the area with Silver Biotics he is not so obsessed with licking it and I'm not having to keep the muzzle on that much.