Surgery Update For Trooper

Guest kellybrown

Guest kellybrown

The surgeon just called. Trooper did very well with surgery and anesthesia. He was beginning to wake up and he was going to remove the tube soon. He said he has him on good pain meds, like a morphine drip for people. He said after looking at the bone there is definitely some type of tumor there and we made the right decision. He said he feels like Trooper will do great. He said after looking at the x-ray of his front foot, there was no way he could be walking on that foot. But then after meeting Trooper, he saw how well he was doing and that he must be very resilient . He won't let us see him today, so maybe tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow until 8:00 pm, so my husband may have to go without me. I will go on Saturday for sure. It's hard that he is 1 1/2 hours away.

Guest greytkidsmom

Good job Trooper! Sending good thoughts for a smooth postoperative course and swift recovery at home. It's hard when they are far away from you.

That is great he made it through surgery! Quick healing for Trooper.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Ok. Now comes the part where you have to be extra careful. Why? Because once Trooper starts to get around he's going to forget he's got only three legs and try to do things alone that you need to help him with. Like stairs. Furniture. Playing, Running. He will do more than he's capable of. My Diamond did that. Five days' post op (first day home) and she decided to jump off the deck onto the cement patio. Six steps!!!