Pads Update Post Vet Call

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

Goldie tore more pads than i origionally thought. 2 on her front left one on the front right and two on her back right. The dr said nothing to do but wash them regularly and keep her from walking or standing (which has been an effort and a half.) She's also on duramax but my big concern now is she hasn't pooped or peed in over a day. I seems as though its too painful for her to squat to pee or poo. Any suggestions on how I can help her to urinate and poop?

Checking in on Goldie. How is she doing now?

Will she be attending the GPA picnic so we can meet her? (Assuming all is healed, of course)

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest IndyHound

She is doing a lot better. She's walking albeit tentatively. But her pads are already hardening. I left her out of her crate all yesterday because I didn't want to hurt her trying to get in. So she laid on her dog bed and did have 2 solid accidents inside but I was just grateful she finally went. I've started her on omaga-3 and vitamin e. And this morning was even better she was nudging me awake and limped to her food bowl and even went outside. I just felt bad because it was my fault this happened I have learned that she wont go on walks and not freak out if shes alone. She uses Beckett as a buffer and cues off of him a lot more than I thought. Thank you for checking up with us

Sounds like she is on her way to healing! Good to hear that she is doing better.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

oh your poor baby :( :( sending many healing thoughts! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest FullMetalFrank

Poor girl... We have had a lot of blown pads here. It hurts, a lot, for the first couple of days. We found a colloidal pad, sort of like a bandaid but it's designed to go on blisters etc... and stay on for several days. We haven't tried them, but they are in the first aid kit. Hope your girl feels better!