Desperate For Advice! Reclusive Dog

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

Guest PhillyPups

I would think after 7 years of "not working out" maybe it is the wrong home, as obviously the "working out" would be worked out by now.

In all the reading I have done here on GT, one of the strongest recommendations with young children (and 2 is young) and hounds is never leave them alone unattended.

Dogs are living beings, much more sensitive to human feelings than other humans are, If I recall correctly, way before you gave up on Jeremy (who also had a commitment made to him) you had problems with Rajah. I may be mistaken, but that is how I remember it, and you got Jeremy to compliment Rajah.

Maybe the timing for you is not right, and with a young child you don't have the time Rajah needs. If that is the cawse, just let him go to someone who does have the time for him, after all, it has been my experience (and I have had my share of it with seniors) that the older they get the more prone to indoor accidents they become. I know it is not their fault, and dang what I would not give for one more of Steppers escaping turdlets to clean up that he started producing at 12, that would mean he was still here. :P

Sometimes we have to just do what is best for the hound, and for Rajah that would be another home

Edited by PhillyPups

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic