His Nail Looks Weird

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

About a week ago as i was walking Beckett stretched out his legs at the wrong time and I accidently stepped on his R foot. He's been mostly fine but will wimper if anyone touches it. But he still runs and jumps and goofs off like normal. I've made a vet appointment but wanted to get some input from anyone thats seen this before. I'll be honest its kind of gross looking.a7527b51.jpg

Guest IndyHound

What is that yellow thing in there?

No clue but it is all along the inside top of his nail. And its more green than yellow i think the flash made it look yellow.

Edited by IndyHound

That yellow/green thing doesn't look right. And that nail has a lot of "open-ness" on the bottom that looks weird. That nail is not as solid as it should be.

I don't think YOU did anything by stepping on him - but you might have just stumbled upon (forgive the pun) a potential issue. I'd definately get that looked at. Are all his nails like that?

Guest IndyHound

That yellow/green thing doesn't look right. And that nail has a lot of "open-ness" on the bottom that looks weird. That nail is not as solid as it should be.

I don't think YOU did anything by stepping on him - but you might have just stumbled upon (forgive the pun) a potential issue. I'd definately get that looked at. Are all his nails like that?

No just that one. And Its completely hollowed out now. The quick is all dried out now.