For The First Time In 3+ Years, We Have Solid Poops!

Guest rachel2025

Guest rachel2025

The title says it all -- over the past several years, we've tried all manner of sensitive-stomach foods, probiotics, vitamin B shots... nothing worked, until two weeks ago! We'd been feeding Blue Basic for a couple of years, which was preferable to anything else we'd tried, and when I saw Freedom in the store, decided to give it a try. Three weeks later, and his Houndness is making regular-dog poops! Poor guy must've been more than grain-sensitive -- seems like he was totally allergic. And as a bonus, his gas has been dramatically reduced.

I'm so excited about this. Absolutely worth a try, if you haven't tested it yet. Pike eats Adult Chicken. I have emailed the company to see how Large Breed is different. We might try that.

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/freedom

:clap:confetti:clap

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest rachel2025

The farting has virtually stopped, too! (I do kind of miss the adorable audible farts he used to make when he'd get up and bow... heehee), but not the paint-peeling, room-clearing usual variety. :lol

He's going for his yearly checkup next week. Can't wait to see if he's put on any pounds!

I may have to try that if I can get the canned food easily. Betty's been on a mix of dry (prescription diet G/D) and wet. The wet we've settled on is Pedigree+ Healthy Digestion. It's not the greatest, but it's not bad. And the vet ok'd it. Poops have been a mix of 1-2 solid turds and some goopy bits, but nothing too liquid.

We tried California Natural Chicken and Rice canned, but while that was premium ingredients it would lead to very runny poop. The funny thing is that for top ingredients, the Pedigree+ that we've been using is similar: just worse (water instead of broth, chicken by-products). Maybe we need to try something like this.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

Might have to give this a try with Ruby too. She is back on the salmon Costco variety after trying her for a few days on the turkey/sweet potato one, which she refused to eat. Her farting is killing us !!!! We also have a local feed store that carries it. Please let us know what the company says about the large breed variety. How much do you pay for it ?

YAY for the solid odor free poops..........

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Profgumby

The farting has virtually stopped, too! (I do kind of miss the adorable audible farts he used to make when he'd get up and bow... heehee), but not the paint-peeling, room-clearing usual variety. :lol

He's going for his yearly checkup next week. Can't wait to see if he's put on any pounds!

'round here we call 'em barn burners...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jbethune

How about a home-made treat?

Our "new boy" of 3 months was experiencing some diarrhea problems. New food, anxiety, etc. I had heard about 100% pure pumpkin helping so I made it a treat.

Use a "muffin top pan" put about two tablespoons of pumpkin (right out of the can) into each muffin tin (so it's kind of flat like a cookie). Crumble up some doggie treats (like chocolate chip cookes) and sprinkle on top.

Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put in freezer until frozen.

We REALLY like these frozen treats out in the yard in this warm Texas weather. AND, the added treat.... No Diarrhea!!