Sleeping One Minute, Yelps And Jumps The Next

This has happened a couple times before over the years. Kasey will be resting or sleeping and all of a sudden does a quick "yelp" or little "screech" and gets up off this bed as fast as possible. No evidence of a limp or anything strange. He's up, "walks it off" so to speak and lays down, usually elsewhere from where he was.

It happened twice this week, which is odd. Usually this happens once a year that I can recall and happens so quick without any ill effects that I often don't notice or even forget happened!

I've always thought "oh maybe he got bit by a bug/spider" or something because thats how quick it happens. I check the bed and there is nothing there that I can tell.

Thoughts? Does he get a pinched nerve? Was he dreaming, something bad maybe and got scared? Is it the first signs of something bad like seizures?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Another vote for charley horse. Argus scared the poo out of me and DH one night when he came out of a dead sleep shrieking and crying. He limped around for a couple of minutes, then he was fine and went back to sleep.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Aston hasn't been awakened by one that I know of, but he did get a charley horse while awake shortly after his first chiropractic visit, and it was AWFUL to behold. Nonstop GSOD :( Vet assured me that he would be okay with some warm compresses and cookies and a Deramaxx, and indeed he was after a few minutes, but maaaan :(