Someone Once Joked That We "struck 'gold'" On This One

Guest thecoyotesgrin

Guest thecoyotesgrin

11oa_cb7_ucg9h.png

This is my new boy. These are the only images I have of him.

The one is the one taken by the adoption peeps, the other two are stop-screens of his only winning race - him just out of the box, him just passing the finish line.

I am working on names for him as a pet - but Goldie is too girlie and Roofie just isnt appropriate (no matter how mellowed out he is).

So far we are contemplating but we figure most of that contemplation will come to fruition in June-July when he comes home to us.

I am Brittany - aka thecoyotesgrin - I live in three places right now. I live in the dorm I am the third tier Task Force Dean at, I live with my parents in my old childhood home, and I live with my boyfriend in Wilmington, Delaware. I will soon be moving into an apartment in Wilmington, but that will be in early June. I will be working on completing my degree and working whatever jobs one can find in that area, the boyfriend will be with me and working at a magazine in NJ.

I have been and always will be a lover of this breed.

A few shout-outs...

The white n brindle girl we met at the PA Ren Faire.

The PA Ren Faire. greyhounds I visit every time I go.

Patty from GHGR who struck my interest before adopting was an option.

Rooftop Gold who became a celebrity dog in my mind.

WV Hastings who endeared my boyfriend to the breed despite his love of cats and who made my heart flutter.

Pleasemrpostman who is just so neato with his costumes and reinvented name!

Gizmo and DonnieDude who are the most handsome boys to ever grace the Five Guys parking lot

Guest Wasserbuffel
I am working on names for him as a pet - but Goldie is too girlie and Roofie just isnt appropriate (no matter how mellowed out he is).

My kitty Ron's name is like this. Originally the kitten showed up at my DH's apartment (he was just BF at the time). DH couldn't have a cat in his place so I took the kitten overnight thinking to take it to the Humane Society the next day . . . obviously that plan failed. Anyway, DH said he would have named the little kitten Sasquatch had he kept it. It being male, Sassy wouldn't have been a good name, and Quatch has its own set of problems! Now we joke that the cat's name is Sasquatch, but we call him Ron for short. (In truth I had picked the name Ron before DH told me about wanting to name him Sasquatch)

Edited by Jayne

Guest thecoyotesgrin

He is actually right down the road from my work. I have been given permission to visit and hang out with him in the meantime... trust me - i almost wanted to sneak him into my dorm!

The boyfriend and I are going to start discussing replacement names - as Gold doesnt feel right to me...

But aint he just the most handsome bloke!?

Guest kaiandsam

Doesn't matter what you name him. You could call him mud if it's done with love. We named Copperkettlejet Gracie Mayhem so....

I hope the time until June goes fast so you can bring him home!

Guest DragonflyDM

This is my new boy. These are the only images I have of him.

The one is the one taken by the adoption peeps, the other two are stop-screens of his only winning race - him just out of the box, him just passing the finish line.

So far we are contemplating but we figure most of that contemplation will come to fruition in June-July when he comes home to us.

I am Brittany - aka thecoyotesgrin - I live in three places right now. I live in the dorm I am the third tier Task Force Dean at, I live with my parents in my old childhood home, and I live with my boyfriend in Wilmington, Delaware. I will soon be moving into an apartment in Wilmington, but that will be in early June. I will be working on completing my degree and working whatever jobs one can find in that area, the boyfriend will be with me and working at a magazine in NJ.

I have been and always will be a lover of this breed.

A few shout-outs...

The white n brindle girl we met at the PA Ren Faire.

The PA Ren Faire. greyhounds I visit every time I go.

Patty from GHGR who struck my interest before adopting was an option.

Rooftop Gold who became a celebrity dog in my mind.

WV Hastings who endeared my boyfriend to the breed despite his love of cats and who made my heart flutter.

Pleasemrpostman who is just so neato with his costumes and reinvented name!

Gizmo and DonnieDude who are the most handsome boys to ever grace the Five Guys parking lot

I was just talking greyhounds and Ren Faires. Which PA Ren Faire do you go to? Do you know where I can get garb for my grey? I love the Greater Pittsburgh Ren Fest.

I have some suggestions:

1. Shakespeare

2. William (actually after William Penn, not Shakespeare-- but you have to admit it would be interestingly cool)

3. Drago

4. Earl Grey (get it!!)

5. Viktor the mostly courageous

6. Bob

7. Sirius Slack (A Harry Potter, retired greyhound mash up)

8. Oberon

9. Hamlet

10. Socrates

Edited by DragonflyDM

He is actually right down the road from my work. I have been given permission to visit and hang out with him in the meantime... trust me - i almost wanted to sneak him into my dorm!

The boyfriend and I are going to start discussing replacement names - as Gold doesnt feel right to me...

But aint he just the most handsome bloke!?

Aww, I like that name. Yes, he is very handsome. I have a soft spot for fawns.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17