Cyclosporine Pricing

I'm pricing out cyclosporine for Dandi (PLE, lymphangiectasia) , who is clinically looking great but his albumin and protein are still below-normal. Steroids were a nightmare. He's on Purina HA (low fat, hypoallergenic) but still has chronic pudding-poop and and protein loss. Next step per IM vet is cyclosporine. Waiting to get a confirmed dose but since we're all probably in the same dosing ballpark, does anyone have a good source in the US with affordable pricing?

Thanks much

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest greygirls2

Are you a AAA member? If so you can get great discounts on prescription meds with it. I've used mine may times for the dogs and cats and saved a bundle over the usual cost.

Also look at having it compounded.

Wedgewood and Roadrunner are both compounding pharmacys too

Try Wedgewood pharmacy.

Edited to add-- or Roadrunner.

Thank you! Will call them today as soon as I get the confirmed dosage. Looks like it should be 5mg/kg/sid - does that look right to you? I see bid dosing listed for induction.

Sorry, I can't help you with the dosage/ frequency. I used Budesonide for my IBD hound

Sorry, I can't help you with the dosage/ frequency. I used Budesonide for my IBD hound

Hmm, I might have to find out about your budesonide source. I haven't connected with my vet yet but when I listened to her phone msg, she referred to a corticosteroid and a 3 mg dose, which I assume means the budesonide. I've come to terms with the cost of the cyclosporine because the studies seem to have supported its efficacy. I don't remember if your pup went onto cyclosporine prior to budesonide??!

I will price it out at all pharmacies, including Sams' and costco. And thanks so much for the tip about AAA! I always forget to take advantage of their discounts..

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg