Are Trace Amounts Of Stevia Safe?

Guest starbuck

Guest starbuck

I just rescued a greyhound, and she's only been with us for forty-eight hours. She ended up getting into some yogurt (about 1.5 tablespoons of it) about forty minutes ago, and while I wasn't initially worried, I just remembered that my fat-free Stonyfield vanilla is sweetened with Stevia. Should I be calling the vet?

(For reference, she already went for a 17 minute walk, successfully went to the bathroom, and is now chilling in her dog bed next to me.)

Edited by starbuck

Your dog will be fine. Congrats on the new addition. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest starbuck

Your dog will be fine. Congrats on the new addition. :)

Thanks! Sorry; she's my first dog (I've primarily been a cat person) and I'm just worried about everything.

Guest HHHounds

One of my hounds loves yogurt! I give her a dollop of plain yogurt in her dinner every day - keeps the gassiness away! Best of luck to you and your new houndie!

Guest starbuck

You might consider investing in a dog owner's home veterinary care type book. One of my favorites is This One

Particulary useful if you've never had a dog of any type!

Enjoy your new friend.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm pleased to see that I can pick it up as an e-book, too; makes it easier to take with me on the go.

Guest starbuck

Congrats on your new pup! You will find Greytalk a wealth of information. Notiiced you are from MI, what part and what group did you adopt from??

We adopted from a Lansing foster associated with G.R.A.C.E. They've been very helpful and quick to respond to (potentially dumb) questions.