Any Other Fruit Dogs Out There?

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

randi steals stone fruit - nectarines, apricots and peaches - off very high sheleves. We now have to keep them in the fridge. I wouldn't mind so much except that they're expensive, I like them and so does my husband, and she only takes a couple of bits then plants it on Paige's bed, trying to shift the blame. That and the pips are really not good for them :angry:

Guest BlueCrab

Trixie loves friut and veggies...Leyland not quite so much. He'll pick the green beans out of his dish and toss them on the floor for Trixie to eat. Never tried feeding them citrus, but Trixie always asks for a piece, and I have a bunch of naval oranges, so I'll offer her a piece of the next one and see what she says. Also never tried feeing them brussels sprouts, but I have a garden full right now so I'll offer Trixie one of them, too.

Guest mainegrey

MrMan loves apples. He can eat a whole thing like it was a piece of meat. He goes crazy about frozen raspberries and I would guess any frozen fruit will be his favorite. Bananas are popular too.He is not much into veggies.He will work his way around carrots if I try to add them to his food. He will eat absolutely everything if it is cooked though. I can't wait to try with melons. How do you know when it is too much of something?

Guest greymama002

Our boys & Misti don't seem to see fruits as food, but our angel, Tina absolutely loved just about any fruit I was eating, especially blueberries, canteloupe, strawberries & watermelon. Once when I was peeling potatoes, so walked away with a whole potato in her mouth! Not sure what she'd have done if I let her keep it. She was such a silly girl, always making us laugh.

Guest amethyst

My girl's favorite fruit is bananas but, she loves most fruits and cooked veggies. Her "heroin" is bread. When I first brought her home she ate an entire skillet of corn bread that had been left on the stovetop to cool. She's eaten a whole loaf of bread and an entire bag full of Chicago Hard rolls. No bread is safe in our house. :)

Brooke likes bananas, Ben doesn't. I found out today when I dropped a blueberry on the floor that Ben likes them. Cantaloupe, is also a favourite. Most if the time I find out what they like when I drop something on the floor. Lucky for them, I'm clumsy :lol Carrots, broccoli, yams, potatoes are also good according to Ben and Brooke.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Katie has liked (so far!): peaches, plums, apricots (a real pain when you have those trees in your yard, because she can't digest the pits, so I get little piles of them during the season... this year I am actually going to use the non-fruit-setting spray!), bananas, oranges, corn, beans, pomegranate (even though it's hard eating those little seeds!), tofu, bok choy, cabbage, kale, carrots, celery, pears, apples, sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, zucchni, snow peas, and probably some other things I can't remember. Since you asked about fruits and veggies, I am ignoring all the bread items and cheese!

And the most crazy thing so far: freeze-dried meal worms. I was putting some out for the birds, and she kept trying to stick her nose in the feeder, so I offered her one, never thinking that she would actually eat it! But when I think about it, she does like to eat bugs when she goes out at night, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

Bella has liked all fruit so far, except she wouldn't eat a grape that DH dropped (not a bad thing).

Her favorite so far is definitely watermelon - look at these eyes :lol

watermelon.jpg

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest Iceman41

So far Julie will eat any thing I put in front of her face.

But she really like 4 cheese rice a ronie.

In very small qualities.

Wife just went to store to get bananas to try

Edited by Iceman41

Guest mowreyAZ

amber loves anything citrus flavored, melons are highly appreciated but also baked apples pears, pomogrante cobbler with any berry in it. Veggies are highly popular carrots broccoli brussel sprouts potatos okra spinach and letuce from any sandwich or dressing on it. Gotta be careful with cesear though the egg makes her poop runny.

Blair has pickier taste buds: She loves berries, baked cobbler in any flavor. Her favorite veggies are celery spinach asparagus (both types green and white) and melon in any shape.

Guest happygrey

Yes, ours love fruit and veggies, too. In the summer, we have to fight them for the wild black raspberries that grow in our back yard. If we don't beat them to it, they will strip the bushes bare. And they don't care about the prickers! :lol

Guest pennmorgan

Olivia likes absolutely every fruit and vegetable. Her favorite is grapefruit! That's how I know she was made for me - it's my favorite too. Every time I peel one she comes into the room from wherever she is in the house and sits patiently at my feet until I give her a wedge. :)