22 - The Age My First Greyhound Would Have Been

GreyWrangler

22 - the age my first greyhound would have been today

Murphy - KB's Air Fare december 26, 1989 - December 4, 2003

Amazing

She was the first.

She was an only dog for a year and a half, how we resisted chipping before that I do not know.

But the came Shine and six weeks later Kimmy joined the pack.

She ruled the roost with a velvet paw.

All this before digital cameras, and laptop computers, lol.

Then the middleboro nine rescue happened, a flash back for those involved, and most of them are still involved in the greyhound world.

I ended up fostering a big beautiful red and white boy from the rescue, and i learned i like the boy's attitude.

So in the fall, when the NH tracks still dumped the slow dog when the tracks closed in the fall. I went to an adoption group to foster a big shy brindle boy.

Sprite was none of those things, she was tall but thin, black, and VERY outgoing.

Then in here somewhere Murphy, my big red fawn girl had a stroke like event. The vet had no idea, but with little medical intervention she recovered near 95%. She went to her first Dewey that year, my first Dewey too.

Two more stoke like events over the years, and a terminal diagnosis due to a thoracic mass.

She made it to 2003!

12/4/03 - Thirteen years, 11 months and 22 days.

I should have let her go sooner, but it was the first time it was my decision. My dog, my responsibility. The vet came to the house and we set her free. We were all there for her, human and pack.

Because of that one big red fawn girl with no kennel name we have welcomed a total of eight greyhounds (six girls and two boys) into our lives. Have lost 6 of them, but never regretted for one day having let these amazing animals into our life.

Thank you Murphy, I still miss you.

murphymidyawn.jpg?t=1324945052

Murphy

originalpackshinemurphyKim.jpg?t=1324945050

Murphy in purple collar, Shine is the black dog, and Kimmy is in fushcia

packof4portrait.jpg?t=1324945061

4 Pack

Sprite - Shine - Murphy (a few weeks after her first stroke) - Kimmy

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Happy Birthday over the rainbow, pretty girl. Look what you started!

Hugs to your momma, and thanks also to her for showing us your beauty today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Happy Birthday over the rainbow, wonderful girl, and look how because of you, what you started your momma shared her life with all those other greys :)

RIP (hearts)

I still love and miss Murphy, too.

We all went to our first Dewey together. You and Murphy, Cooper and I.

Cooper would have been 21 this year, and I posted on the 10th year anniversary of his passing (October 24, 2001).

I should have let him go sooner, too. He was't my first loss: we lost Heidi to DIC/HGE in 1998 and Lucky to osteo earlier in 2001. But he hurt the most and I was to close to see.

Murphy was amazing, so keenly tuned into your every move, so tied to your presence.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

:angelwings Thanks for the pictures they take me back. My 1st Greyhound, Margo will be 21 on 5/1/12. She was a red fawn just the most perfect lady. :heart. She died 3 weeks shy of her 14th birthday Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina