Non Greys Ate Turkey Legs. :-(

Guest tammara

Guest tammara

Jack and Jasmine ate the turkey legs my husband left out today. We called our vet and will be watching them close. DH thinks they each had one leg. I had him give bread. Does anyone know how long it could take for them to pass? I am just beside myself with worry. These dogs are my life.

Should pass within 24 hours. Bread and oil helps grease things up, but sounds like you did the bread, which should help get things moving. Chances are good they'll be fine, but obviously they should be watched closely to make sure. Hang in there...you should hopefully be in the clear soon.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest KennelMom

My grandma fed cooked chicken (and other) bones to her dogs their entire lives and never had a problem. I would NEVER EVER recommend anyone do that, of course, but odds are your pups will be fine. A dog's stomach is a pretty acidic environment. Keeping my fingers crossed! :goodluck

Guest tammara

My grandma fed cooked chicken (and other) bones to her dogs their entire lives and never had a problem. I would NEVER EVER recommend anyone do that, of course, but odds are your pups will be fine. A dog's stomach is a pretty acidic environment. Keeping my fingers crossed! :goodluck

Thank you for sharing this. I am a worrier by nature and this makes me feel a little better.

One of our Dobes ate half a cooked chicken once.

Of course I freaked out... but she was perfectly fine.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Good thoughts to you.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.