Cet Additive

I think very highly of all of the CET products. Biotene has a similar product too (veterinary formula). Still think daily brushing is your #1 defense against dental disease.

But, if brushing is not an option I would absoultely use any of the products available from CET.

I don't use the additive, but I do use the CET chews (yes, they are rawhide), the CET oral rinse and the CET toothpaste. The rinse was single handedly responsible for healing Claire's gums up. They were red and irritated, I used the CET rinse daily (after each meal) and her gums were beautiful the next time we went to the vet. I started using the toothpaste right after that. They only get one chew a week. I use the rinse daily on Claire and try to get her teeth brushed every day.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Brushing daily with CET Toothpaste is great. Their best seller flavors: Poultry, Vanilla Mint, Malt.

CET Tarter Control Toothpaste: Beef, or seafood. (I like beef better than seafood.)

Days that brushing isn't possible, CET Oral Hygiene Rinse is very good. I use this on hounds the week after dentals before their mouths are ready to resume brushing. I use it on back molars of a senior hound who can't tolerate brushing there right now. Helps improve breath too.

Aquadent is made with a "small amount of Xylitol". I was told (by the manufacturer) that it's a only a small amount and Xylitol doesn't accumulate/build-up in the pet's body over time. Personally, I'm just not comfortable using it.

Edited by 3greytjoys