I'm A Convert

Feisty49

Oh my word! That's an unanticipated reaction, for sure. Glad you are finding something that works, tho. Wonder if you could feed half something besides the prescription food ($$$) and get the same results.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my word! That's an unanticipated reaction, for sure. Glad you are finding something that works, tho. Wonder if you could feed half something besides the prescription food ($$$) and get the same results.

I'm thinking along the same lines but the high-end food is as much as the prescription food if not more. I'll work on it but really hate to rock the poop boat. :P

Understood re not rocking boat! Been there, and no rocking sure does trump $$$. When you're ready, half Purina ProPlan or ONE might do it. Or Kirkland, Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup .... All decent foods that I don't *think* are too pricey.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Understood re not rocking boat! Been there, and no rocking sure does trump $$$. When you're ready, half Purina ProPlan or ONE might do it. Or Kirkland, Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup .... All decent foods that I don't *think* are too pricey.

Thanks for the recommendations. TOTW gave her diarrhea when I tried it. Purina ProPlan wasn't too bad so maybe mixed with Iams, it would be a good choice. I've never tried Kirkland or Chicken Soup. Gosh, the foods for our kids sound good, hmm? ;)

Dog foods are named to appeal to OUR appetites :P Doesn't mean they aren't good though. Anyone want to volunteer to try some? :lol

I don't chew them up but I have been known to stick a kibble in my mouth. Does that count? Hey, the greys mostly don't chew them either :lol

Green bag Iams here too. :) Well, except for Harold and Pudge on kidney rx food.

I tried many of the fancier/pricier/natural foods that are mentioned on GT. Iams was the only one that kept Gracie's poop firm and got rid of her gas. It works for her so we'll keep using it.

Just wondering why two of your dogs are on the kidney diet. I have one on it, she has PLN

• 3 weeks later...
Guest verthib

I tried Iams green bag and she won't touch it. It has a lot of filler, corn, etc maybe that's why. I wish she would eat it though because she has ice cream poops too.

Mine have been on Kirkland for some time but I recently bought a bag of Iams and have it mixed together. They also get cooked sweet potatoes, carrots, brown rice, apples, and various on sale veggies and meat. I guess they have cast iron guts because there has been no visible change with the transition. My neighbor even gave us some Kibbles and Bits (ew) so I sprinkle a bit of that in with it and they love it. They also get the occasional raw turkey necks and chicken feet too. I really like the Kirkland though and will try to stick to it but it is nice to know that the Iams seems to work well also - thanks for the tip.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

I tried Iams green bag and she won't touch it. It has a lot of filler, corn, etc maybe that's why. I wish she would eat it though because she has ice cream poops too.

Same here, I bought it a few weeks ago after reading the good reviews on here. She ate it, but wasn't happy about it the first time. THen after a week, she wouldn't touch it. I did lots of research and now have her on Blue Buffalo (whitefish and potatoe) and home cooked meals. She LOVES it, when I pour it in her bowl she comes running :)

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Another Iams convert here. Clark has a good stomach and can eat about any brand. But when we adopted Runner, it was soft serve and I tried several different brands (some of those were the $$$ brands) over several months. Finally, I resorted to trying Iams, and I didn't even mix it with the former food because he already basically had the big D, so I thought "what the heck." To my total amazement, Runner's first poop on Iams was perfect!

We feed the blue "weight control" bag because Runner tends to pack on the weight if I'm not careful. To supplement, they get a multi-vitamin once a day.

Melanie, Clark, Ringo, and Ricardo

(Missing Runner at The Bridge)

If you find something that works for your dogs, absolutely go with it. Fed Iams here for some time without any problems, it may "technically" not be the best food, but if you get firm poops when you didn't get them before, it is the best. (This does not sound right, but you all get what I mean :))

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Hi

Bobby has developed bad gas and loose stools.

He seems ok generally and the vet reckons it could be worth changing his food. Certainly the prescription food sorted his gas and soft stools almost immediately.

As we are in the UK is:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/iams-large-breed-adult-complete-dog-food-with-chicken-3kg-and-15kg-12737

The same food you refer to in this thread do you think?

Its almost double the price of the food we currently feed Bobby which is:

http://www.chudleys.com/products/chudleys-dog/greyhound/greyhound-maintenance.html

What I cant work out is the recommended amounts to feed - for Bobby's weight Chudleys recommendation is 550g per day and the iams about 275 grams per day.

Is one type of food double the nutritional value of the other?

Yours - very confused from the UK :-)