More Dog Medications At Target Pharmacy

Whenever possible I get my vet to issue an Rx for a prescription to be filled at Target.

When I stopped there today to get Pudge's Enalapril I was told they are now carrying heartworm preventives, thyroid med for dogs, flea control, with more medications arriving soon.

They were crazy busy today but I plan to return on a quieter day and get some prices so I can do some comparison shopping.

Here's a current list at my Target pharmacy formulary list

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest tricolorhounds

We already get Coppers Lasix and Benazepril there for $4.00 each, although the prescriptions are for more than 1 month supply so they were really $12.00 and $7.00... and now it looks like his Vetmetin is on their list, can't wait to see what the price is as it costs $75.00 for 2 weeks.

Don't see soloxine on their list, hope it's coming soon, won't have to drive nearly as far for meds.

Just looked again and the cat's thyroid meds are on the $4.00 list :yay

Edited by tricolorhounds

I get a lot of medications at Target's pharmacy for the pups. Our county also gives a drug discount card to residents that don't have insurance. I have health insurance, but of course it doesn't cover my pets' meds...but this card does! Ace's chemo went from costing me $120 a month to $85/month!

You can see if your county offers this program too at www.coast2coastrx.com

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Does this list go state by state, or all Target's offer these meds?

According to the pharmacist, more medications are being phased in to their inventory. I did not have to enter a zip code to see what's available in my area.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I've been getting most of Zephyr's meds. at Target. I'm in Arizona. They have been a lot cheaper for most things. Also for others in AZ there is prescription card that anyone can get for free and really easy, whether you have insurance or not, called Arizona CoppeRx Card and it's works in addition to insurance for prescriptions for people and pets. My favorite Target Pharmacy lady told me about and I have saved a lot. Once they have it on file the discount is automatically made. You can apply online, just do a search for Arizona CoppeRx Card. :colgate

I should add that Zephyr's medications are actually all human meds. too, I'm not sure about the pet specific meds, but it's still great.

Edited by hikinghounds

If there's a Walgreens in your area, check into their Prescription Saving Card. It costs $35/year (I think), and it covers prescriptions not covered by my company's insurance card. For me, the card covers all the dogs' pills.

I get a script for methocarbamol filled twice a month for Sam, and the card saves me $6 each time (without the card, $17.99 for 30 pills).

And Silver now is on clomipramine. The vet wrote a script for 120 pills (25 mg, 2xdaily). Target quoted me $109 (it's on their plan, but it's not on their $4 generic list). Kroger quoted me $94, but they didn't have any in stock. Walgreens only had 10 pills in stock and charged me $5.05; the next day, they had the remaining 110 pills in, and the charge for that was $11.60. That's $16.65 total for 120 pills--massively less than Target or Kroger. (And the note on the prescription bag says "Your insurance saved you $46.69," so it sounds as if the Walgreens price was much lower than anyone else's price, even without the card.)

The only problem was that the pharmacist had to argue with the computer, which kept saying that 50mg/day of clomipramine is too high a dose for a six-year-old child. :lol

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)