Yelping

Guest saltwaterron

Guest saltwaterron

for the last 2 nights riley has awakened me with loud yelps. i check on her but haven't seen anything that would warrant the yelps. she seems to be favoring her left front paw. we went for a short walk and she again yelped several times. i have checked her paws and see nothing. no cuts or abrasions. she seems to restless at the moment and having a reluctance to lie down. i would imagine that would be from possible discomfort from getting up. she is already dealing with congestive heart failure and this is making my paranoia raise its ugly head. any thoughts?

If you have checked her paw and there is no signs of anything, perhaps a vet visit and possibly an x-ray is in order. Hopefully it's nothing more than a strain and a good vet should be able to determine prior to x-rays being necessary. Yelping and restlessness usually means some form of pain.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest saltwaterron

she doesn't yelp with every step. we can walk 50-75 yards before she makes a sound. then we can walk 25 yards and she will do it again. just doesn't happen all the time. that's what puzzles me.

If it's a problem with her back or neck rather than her leg, she may react only when she turns her head a certain way or moves wrong. So she could easily move several yards between yelps.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

she doesn't yelp with every step. we can walk 50-75 yards before she makes a sound. then we can walk 25 yards and she will do it again. just doesn't happen all the time. that's what puzzles me.

Take from someone with a bad back- I could walk a mile but, turn to wave to someone and not be able to take another step.

Dogs with cervical pain will commonly have front leg lameness as the pain may run down the radial nerve.

I urge you to take your hound to the vet for an evaluation.

That's good news! My bridge beagle hurt her back one time - and when it happened we had no idea what it was....she would howl when I would just touch her belly. I actually thought she had some type of internal bleeding or issue with an organ.....anti-inflamatories fixed it all up.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.