Plummer My 11 Year Old

msjpk

Plummer has been throwing up recently. We have a vet visit next week.

He is on Omega fish oil supplements for his suspected SLO.

Not to be to gross, the color when he spits up is amber, liquidity and foamy.

Could the Omega supplements being doing this or by your experience something else going on?

Just wanted to know if anyone had the Omega Fish oils upset their doggies stomachs?

My old girl used to throw up yellow slime if her tummy was empty. It was also occasionally amber. Sometimes liquid, sometimes foamy, sometimes both. Any chance it's just an empty tummy?

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest greyers

I've not had it upset their tummy, but like summer, my guys vomit would often look yellowish amber with foam when they had an empty tummy.

Good luck with Plummer. Hope he gets to feeling good soon.

Sounds like bile to me. My girl also does that when her tummy is empty - particularly in the morning. We found that a biscuit at bedtime helped with that a lot.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

As suggested, give a cookie before bedtime because it could be that an empty tummy is causing the vomiting. You might also see if you can get an earlier appointment - next week seems pretty far out especially if the vomiting doesn't go away from giving a cookie at night. You didn't mention if there is any diarrhea - is there?

edited to add -- I just noticed that he is 11 years old ... so I wouldn't wait until next week to check this out.

Edited by MaryJane