Faye Oops Is Limping

winnie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry for the second confirmation. I wanted to let you know that you might get some gabapentin also. It helps the pain. Also ask your vet what the maximum dosages for all her drugs would be. That way you can increase the dosage if she is in pain in the middle of the night or weekends. I know that piroxicam is an NSAID that has some anti-cancer properties. I would assume that you would not be able to give her an additional NSAID to help the pain. The only reason I ask is that it seems the most common combination for pain control is tramadol, gabapentin, and an NSAID (usually Deramaxx, Metacam, or Rimadyl).

Also, Neyla's mom has great info on other palliative treatments.

Jane

Sigh ... crap. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.