Rip My Sweet Carey Kitty

PrairieProf

Anne, I'm so sorry. Kittehs are special, I love the last pic of Carey with Beth. She was lucky to have you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thanks so much, everyone. She was a wonderful kitty, and I'm missing her a lot, though calm -- I think I went through so much anticipatory grieving since August and feel grateful for the extra four weeks with her. (I'm also missing my Quinn more sharply than usual, since I got him and Carey together and my memories of them are so linked -- Quinn was there for twelve of the fifteen years of Carey's life.) I feel like I've been so lucky the past three years to have had the most loving, social kitty and the most confident, social hound -- it wasn't lost on me that Carey and Beth had/have pretty similar personalities. Both of them would see heaven as a circle of new people who wanted to pet them, and they could just go around from lap to lap and get love endlessly.

I am going to meet a new kitty I'm interested in and others at a small rural rescue Friday evening ... he's a real hard-luck story, a young adult found scared and very thin and covered in oil at a TNR feeding station, but healthy now and apparently extremely people-oriented.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

• 2 weeks later...