Are Dogs Sensitive To Chicken Likely To Be Sensitive To Turkey

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

I've seen lots of people talking about giving turkey necks to their pups, but mine is sensitive to chicken. Do you think that this would be safe for her, or will she have a reaction to that as well?

Guest BiancasMom

I've heard people say "poultry is poultry" when it comes to allergies and dietary intolerances. What do you mean by "sensitive"? Depending on what symptoms your pup shows, would determine whether or not I would try it if it were my dog.

I just switched my gang from chicken based kibble and treats to duck based for both and I haven't seen pudding poo or needed a gas mask since doing so. I can't say for sure that all poultry is poultry, but thought I'd add my experience to the list.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Same here - not all poultry is created equal! :lol Opie cannot eat chicken based kibble - gets pudding poo. But he does eat a turkey neck piece every night, with no ill effects. The only time he got the Big D from turkey was when he stole the turkey carcass out of the garbage on Thanksgiving about 3 years ago, and ate the whole thing! :eek

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Of my 6, Beau, Ollie and Ponch have chicken sensitivities. Duck is fine for them.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project