Deep Cut, Quick Help Please

Not sure what they will cost but you risk infection setting in without treatment.

Exactly--stitches will cost you a lost less than repeated visits for infection, etc.

I'm sure we all get it--sometimes vet bills rear their ugly heads when we can least afford them. Wound care is not one of those optional things, IMHO. That's a large, deep cut.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

So glad you were approved for CreditCare and she got her stitches!!! Pretty Sage will heal up in no time and you'll sleep a heck of a lot better. How is she this AM?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

She's great. I brought her to work to make sure she wouldn't mess with it, but she hasn't so much as even looked at it. :)

Last night though.. poor thing. When we got home from the vet, she was still loopy from the anastesia (sp) but I tried to get her to potty. She didn't really do a good job. Anyway, I got her into bed where she passed out. ..Passed out so much she wet her bed. An entire giant bladder full. Soaked straight through the bed and she was laying in it. Poor bug. So I had to bring her outside where she peed even more! and clean her up and deal with the bed and break out a fresh one for her to lay on. When I went to bed I left her in the livingroom.. which I do every night, she sleeps where she wants. But after I got into bed I heard her crying so I had to get up and coax her into the bedroom. Then she was fine and passed out.

Long night.

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I imagine she meant sedation, not really anesthesia.

Do you know what drugs they gave and how much? It sounds like they gave waaaayyyy too much!

I think you did the right thing to go to the vets. I hope she feels better soon and mommy can get some rest.... To both of you.... :grouphug:kiss2

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Swifthounds

I imagine she meant sedation, not really anesthesia.

Still...it's a Greyhound and especially if you can close with staples, sedation/anesthesia is risk and wasted money with no benefit.

If it was just a sedative and not anesthesia, then they need to check their dosages as it should linger like that.

I don't have the paperwork in from of me, but you're right, I think it was sedation. My bad. I don't know what drugs they used.

She was just a very sleepy girl when we got home. When I was trying to get her to potty, she kept going for the door to go inside. I was surprised she wet the bed though..

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe

And it opened to a big hole farther in? Bet you'd like to know how that happened. I know I would!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

And it opened to a big hole farther in? Bet you'd like to know how that happened. I know I would!

Yep, it was like a pocket. She coulda kept a good $1.50 in coins in there!

The only thing I can think is maybe she got caught on the tree as she was making her tight turn around it to zoom back. She wasn't near the fence and there weren't other dogs. Really though, I have no clue.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Guest sheila

The only thing I can think is maybe she got caught on the tree as she was making her tight turn around it to zoom back. She wasn't near the fence and there weren't other dogs. Really though, I have no clue.

I think it has to be something else. I would think a tree being bumped into would create a more jagged gash and there would have been some audible reaction. A cut that is that deep and clean would have had to have been caused by something very sharp. JMO.

I think it has to be something else. I would think a tree being bumped into would create a more jagged gash and there would have been some audible reaction. A cut that is that deep and clean would have had to have been caused by something very sharp. JMO.

That's what I'm thinking too. And I'm thinking if it happened when you were present, you would have heard something from her, and it wouldn't be a mystery how it happened. Hugs to both of you.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Maybe she did it jumping out of the car, or going through the gate, before you actually got into the dog park...and it split open more when she running around?

She might try to mess with it in a day or two...I would try to get some boxers on her or something.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

The dog park is in my apartment complex.. literally across the street, so no car to jump out of. It had to have happened during her run. When she finished, she came straight to me, pointed at her thigh with her nose and went to sit down when I saw the cut. She knew she was hurt. It hadn't even started to bleed yet.. after a minute or so you could see the blood slowly filling in. It was fresh.

Anywho, I was thinking maybe there was a small broken off branch near the bottom of the tree. Sometimes she takes that turn around it so fast and tight, maybe she got too close to it. Sometimes she slips a little in the mulch when she's turning.. maybe she actually slipped enough where she was almost impaled by something on the ground. I really don't know. The cut was so clean, no debris.

:dunno

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg