Sudden Dizziness In Greyhound

I'm not familiar with what causes this disorder but would acupuncture or chiropractic help?

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Oh such good news! I'm so glad. Looking forward to the day when he's all well again!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm not familiar with what causes this disorder but would acupuncture or chiropractic help?

Very little is known about the cause of Vestibular disease. Acupuncture or chiropractic help won't cure it, just time. The doctor said it will probably be several weeks.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

One other note. Tuft's was AWESOME. I give them an A+++. Their service was outstanding and Zero's doctor there was wonderful and spent lots of time with me. The only downfall is the bill, OUCH!! I'm sure you can all imagine what I'm talking about. However, I have my boy back with a very good prognosis. I'm sure there are many other financial stories out there for dog care. I'm going to look into insurance. Embrace was recommended to me.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

Valor, my galgo had vestibular disease when he was 11. The vet gave him a medication for the dizziness as well as valium to help him relax. He had it really bad, could not stand up without falling, had to be carried in and out, would not eat etc. Both meds were very beneficial and helped him to calm and rest. I had to keep him in a crate as he was falling over and in danger of hurting himself. Hope your boy is doing better.

Linda, Bella and Keeva

I can imagine the bill (eek eek eek).

Hope your pupper continues to make steady improvement. Keep us posted, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I feel your pain ($$) but, we do love your hounds and do what needs to be done. Hopefully, the vestibular disease will resolve soon. He may continue to have a head tilt after it's resolved but, that will make him all that more special!

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm beating myself up over the money for the vet bill because I really couldn't afford it. However, I took Zero to the animal hospital because I wanted only the best for him. Deep down I cared and it was that good person inside me that only wanted the best for him. He's doing really well actually. His dizziness is getting better :-)

That is excellent news about the MRI and yes, that bill can hurt. I hope Zero is on the mend soon!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.