Looking For Testimony Of Greys Living With Cats

Guest Trentsmom

They lived together for 5+ years and one day the dogs killed the cat while she was standing 20 feet away, just outside for a moment. For that reason I would never trust a dog with a cat.

A pack of dogs and a cat is very different than a single dog and a cat.

And a cat outside is very different than a cat inside. George would chase a cat that was outside. They do seem to understand that a cat in the home is part of the family. A cat outside for many dogs, even those that are cat tolerant, is simply another prey animal.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bang_o_rama

Bang actually avoids our cat, after a few paw swipes to her nose early on (no blood - we have a gentle cat!). She idly sniffs outside cats and walks away from them as well. Birds? Meh. Squirrels? No interest.

But she is VERY interested in the local bunnies....

~D~

Guest conrad0491

I've had greys since 1992 and cats far longer than that. My current herd of cats still have all their claws and they aren't afraid to use them if they feel threatened. I've never ever had one close call with my cats and my greyhounds. There's always a first time, but I think if your friend adopts a dog that's been properly proven to be cat safe then she should be okay. Again, caution is a good rule to follow at first.