New Pup Titan

Guest ironandsalt

Guest ironandsalt

Heya!

I really should spam here instead of the other forum topics, huh? I'm brand new to this board and to greyhounds. So I apologize now for any rambling and paranoia I might spread around the boards here, I'm a bit anxious about the settling in process. I'd been wanting to adopt for about 13 years since finding out about retired racers in middle school and finally got my hound Friday!

Titan's about 76 pounds and is doing great with my 12.4 pound dachshund Molly. She's not thrilled when he gets excited and starts prancing around, but I can't really blame her. I'd be freaked out, too if I were her size. :lol

Is anyone else here in Arizona? I'm way down south closer the border.

Titan and Molly on the balcony:

IMAG0111-2.jpg

Welcome from Washington State! :welcome Titan looks like a gorgeous boy, there with cute little Molly! (Sounds like a perfect name for him too.)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Welcome to GT! Two adorable houndies -- please post more pics of them!

Are you planning to walk them together? That must be interesting.... :rolleyes:

(Does Titan ever prance on the porch? Is there any risk he could accidentally knock that bike over on himself? Just something I'd be a little nervous about with that setup.)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

WELCOME

Pretty dogs ... I know there's at least one other GT member with a grey and doxie! :) Congrats on adopting Titan. Such a handsome boy and he looks very nice in that moss green collar.

I <3 AZ btw ... can't get enough of the desert! :)

PS... I think titan needs a bigger bed! lol.gif You'll soon discover greyhounds very much enjoy being comfortable ... couchjump.gif

Welcome to you and the pups. If Molly is like other dachshunds I know, she'll soon be ruling the roost and telling that big grey just what he can and can't do. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:welcome2 to GT, and congratulations on Titan! He's gorgeous!! I love the large male hounds!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest DoofBert

Hey Titan!

Welcom to GT..... We must be related somewhere along the way/// YOu see, I am a black houndie and my name is Titania!

Glad you finally made it. I never thought a dacshund was a real hound until l hiked 15 miles with a couple in the Tetons. Now l know better. They are significant dogs!

I am a DH. Spencer and Shane are my dawgs. Mosby is The Cat. Greyhead is our wife (pronounced woof).

Guest avadogner

Welcome to GT from Birmingham, AL! We are glad to have a new convert to the cult of the greyhound. You will soon fall deeply in love with them and be so very happy! I love black hounds and big boys. They are the biggest babies. Our new boy is 92 lbs of cuddles! He doesn't get that he is not a lap dog

-ava and augie's mum