Cathy's Back

Guest garick_s

Guest garick_s

Hi All, quite new to greyhounds, we got our girl Cathy 3 weeks ago now, and i was wondering about her back.

Just behind her shoulders her spine dips down and then goes back up again. is this normal? i can't recall ever seeing it before on other dogs and the vet hadn't seen it before.

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Welcome from Philly.

Do you mean what I call the "double suspension" spot, the little spot there? That is normal for a greyhound. I am not technical, I am not a vet, and I don't even try to be on TV or message boards. :lol:lol

Guest garick_s

I thought it may be normal, seeing as she loves to run and is only a year and a half.

it was a bit worrying though that the vet i took her to was like "this is odd" folks on here had recommended the office too..

Guest PhillyPups

The dip spot which looks like she got whacked with a baseball bat? It's normal!

Wow I never saw it that way or thought of it that way, more like a dimple. Now when I go home I will have to look again. :dunno

i think it's more pronounced in some than in others. Can barely detect it on Treasure. It's much more obvious with phene. Maybe you're the first person to ever ask about i? dunno.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I had never noticed that. I had to go look on mine to see. B)

But to answer your next question: Yes, that straight groove straight across their lower muzzle is supposed to be there.

(On my first greyhound, I was terribly worried about what seemed to be an old "break" on her nose.) :rolleyes:

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter