Neighbor's Cat, Spencer

celbee

Our neighbor's 4 year old cat, Spencer, was hit in the road this morning by a car. The driver did not stop. The son saw it happen and his dad and grandfather ran out to see what could be done. The injuries were just too great. RIP Spencer. Your people loved you and your boy will especially miss you greatly. Please send comfort to your boy.

:candle

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest IrskasMom

Just a Question ?? Would you Stop when you hit an Animal ,I dont care what it is ?? I sure would and see if the Animal needs any help to the Vet or the Bridge . :(

Irska's Mom-- yes, we would stop. One should stop. But common courtesy isn't necessarily common. And respect for animals as fellow creatures on the earth has to be taught and modeled and a lot of kids aren't getting this (JMO). So these kids can grow up to be adults who also lack this respect. Our street has traffic "cutting through" and going way too fast. I would be very sad to think that the car that hit Spencer was from our block.

What this did make me realize (as I ran out the door, grabbing my cell phone) is that I did not have our vet in my phone's contact list. I have now entered them (both under V for Vet and under the full name of the clinic). If there had there been anything that could have been done, a few extra minutes would possibly have been wasted in finding a phone number to call ahead and say "we are on our way to you with an injured animal"... I am prepared now. I think I am also going to make a magnet for the refrigerator door with the vet phone number and address.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

I'm so sorry. Sincere condolences to all Spencer's family and friends.

Godspeed, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

how sad :( :( poor little guy. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway