Grey-friendly hotels/motels?

We like taking Niles with us on vacation, and since I'm sure we're not the only ones, I thought it would be nice to start a "vacation" topic where we could share hotel/motel ideas and ideas for overnight trips! I know that there are some good books on this topic, but first-hand recommendations are the best!

Sooo... what are your favorite grey-friendly hotels/motels and bed-and-breakfasts, and where are they located? What makes them so good?

I recently stayed at the "Sheraton-Clayton Plaza" in St. Louis. The reservation clerk at the desk told me in advance that they "usually" have a small-dog policy, but he said that if I spoke with him when I got there, that it would be OK for Niles to come in. When we got there and they met Niles, you would have thought a famous celebrity had arrived. The hotel was very nice, as were the staff.

Also, I've found the LaQuinta Inn hotel chain to be very accommodating.

Guest Iberia's Mom

We like the Hallmark hotels; we have only been to the one in Newport, Or. but they are very nice to pet owners; they provide a treat, poop scoop bags, and extra bedding for the dogs; they treat the dog as a guest just like the owner! i believe there is a ten dollar charge but that was not an issue considering how well we were all treated.

When we drove to Kanab, we bought a book by triple A.

I think it is called "Traveling with your Pets". It was awesome. It had all the pet friendly motels in it and we used it at every stop. We took the long way to Kanab and stayed in Spokane, Montana, Idaho, Utah and then to Kanab Utah. Might want to go look at that book..it even has camping areas you can bring your pets too.

Brenda

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

Guest greywat150

Last summer we rented a trailer and did a "Greswald" trip,TX,OK,KS,MI in 2 weeks. Almost all RV parks allow pets and most have pet areas. If you do this be sure to get a current RV Park Guide the ratings help you stay clear of the real dumps.

Guest midgie1007

Many of the barrier island resorts off of the Carolinas and Georgia allow dogs.

My fiance and I recently stayed in a condo at Kiawa, SC with my grey and boxer mix. It was $10...don't know if it was per day or what...we only stayed one night. Dogs are also allowed on the beach there...leashed...but that doesn't matter for us grey types. :P

Many of the Holiday Inns allow pets

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

Guest marnie

Something to do for the folks who take their Greyhounds to a regular vacation spot or to an out-of-town relative's house, is to make a special dog ID tag with the phone number of where you are staying.

For example, I drive back to South Dakota from Denver, Colorado to stay with my folks twice a year. So I had an ID tag with my Mom's phone number engraved on it for each of my Greyhound's collars.

When we all go to visit her the hound's collars have the new tag added.

I figure it would do me no good if one of my Greyhounds ran off while we were in South Dakota, and the person who found my hound was trying to contact me by calling my Colorado phone number. :)

Guest MMNs Mom

Mariner Motel in Myrtle Beach SC. is dog oriented, complete with Doggie Social on Thursdays(?)

Red Roof Inns are pet friendly.

Village Realty in Nags Head NC has pet friendly rentals.

Just tonight DH was saying that we never drive anywhere on vacation, we always fly (and we have use of brand new RV anytime we want, DH bro parks it in our driveway so we get to use it, as long as he's not) I'll have to bookmark that site for when we decide to take a weekend jont (sp?) :lol with the hounds

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch