Can I Give My Hound Pepto?

Guest Shermanator

I hope someone who knows more answers you soon, because my memory is vague, and I wouldn't want you to rely completely on my advice (definitely not). But when I was asking about this at some point, I believe I was told that you need to be careful with pepto because it is bismuth salicylate, which is related to aspirin and can have the same risks. But I think giving a dose was okay, because I gave some to Robin. But it didn't make a difference, if I recall correctly.

I think pepcid is supposed to be safer.

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Normally you can, but given what you posted in your other thread I wouldn't tonight. Like Pam said, maybe give her a piece of bread if she wants it.

You do want to be on alert for any symptoms of bloat or distress. If she's lying down now comfortably, I'd leave her be.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh, my other post did post? I could't find it. I never thought of bloat. She's quietly sleeping on the couch with us.

It's over in Food & Dietary. Tell Travel that poop is not food and to take a sniff of that puke if she needs a reminder. :lol I can laugh only because I've been there with my Gracie :rolleyes: who upchucked it on my leather couch.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Shermanator

I caught her with some poop in the house, and gave her a stern, 'NO' and showed her I was throwing it away. You would have thought I beat her with the poop, she was so upset, she went to her bed, and faced the wall. (Little passive agressive little girl!) :) She came back out and was bouncing around little her normal self, nothing to indicate she was sick. 3 hours later I gave them dinner, which includes a little wet food in their kibble, and 10 min later she got sick. She's fine this morning, so far.

Sometimes it's best to let the problem just work its way out. Everything has side effects so it's wise to give nature a chance to fix it herself. If not well in 2-3 days, it might be time for the vet. I don't think anything would make a poop eater feel better until it's outta the system though!

It was probably the poop that made her throw up. Now that she's all cleaned out she should be fine, until the next time she eats poop again.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I would NOT give pepto, it has asprinin in it which could make the stomach worse.

Try pepcid.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project