Buying Crate

Guest syra42

We are going to purchase a crate for Molly and was wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to buy it. We want a two door one that is easy to move. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I bought mine used on CraigsList. Picked up a 48 inch crate for all of $35 and it's in great condition. Way beats the $150+ you'd pay in the store!

I got mine on eBay. The shipping is a lot, but the price of the crate itself was insanely low, so it worked out great.

All crates are easy to move, IMHO. They're not something you'd carry for a mile, but I can easily schlep it around my condo.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

We got ours through ValuCrate and it included free shipping, was the right size and we had it in a day or two. I think all said we spent around $100. It's nicely made too.

I guess if I were to buy a crate I would go the Ebay/craigslist first and see what was available.

Why are you considering a crate for her? Is there some recent issue that you feel a crate is needed?

I guess if I were to buy a crate I would go the Ebay/craigslist first and see what was available.

Why are you considering a crate for her? Is there some recent issue that you feel a crate is needed?

She normally sleeps in it once in a while. The rescue group needs it back so thought I would look into purchasing one. It is one of 4 beds she has.....LOL not that she is spoiled.

I got both mine on craigslist much cheaper than elsewhere. Having one with two doors definatly helps (and worth the money), especially in awkwardly shaped or small rooms.

Bargainpetstuff.com has a decent selection.

or Dogkennels.com

Guest Swifthounds

You might consider an airline type crate. They can be used as a crate or can be nested together to be an open topped bed. I've never paid more than $85 for one.