New Girlie

she's gotta be busting to go

but she's holding it, and holding it

24 hours one time

twice daily walk in the park, on a harness

tarmac, mud, grass, gravel, leaves, concrete

frequent trips out in the yard

with & without a coat (she definitely feels the cold)

we've put her poo in the yard to encourage her

and a quilt that i just found she'd pee'd on last night

(she hasn't been today since (8pm now))

she's taken no notice, no sniffs

How long have you had her? Is she always leash walked? She may be "shy". Can you attach two 6 ft leashes together to give her more room? Good luck!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Is she on leash when let out in the yard? If not, I'd leave her out there until she goes, unless it's unbearably cold. If she's wearing a coat, leave her out for a bit. If she is on leash, try hooking two together and giving your more freedom. I had a girl that didn't want to go on leash and I had to use the two leashes together.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Ahh, I posted the exact same thing after I brought Beth home back in the day -- I think "cast iron bladder" was my subject line. :) What worked for me was just taking a book and letting her chill in the yard until she was ready (though it was summer then, so "chill" wasn't so literal a term!). She held it for well over 24 hours, though! Yours WILL go when she has to badly enough.

But unless it's mega-urgent my Beth still won't poop in a small yard -- she's got to get moving, on leash or off leash at a dog park.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

had her 4 days

and yes she can last over 24 hours

leash walked, off-lead in the yard

just tried a quick trip down the street

i had chicken for her, so she had her tail up

and was happy enough to be out there receiving the chicken

Food motivated? Jeffy has been a okay about going since day one, but with Stella she was shy at first so I would wait outside in the yard with her, humming to myself and pretending not to be watching her :lol when she would finally go, I was all :yay yay, good girl, here's a treat. She was a chow hound and very food motivated and soon learned to expect her treat upon return from eliminating. Then she got smarter than me and saving it up and letting it go in tiny increments a bazillion times a day to get extra treats :lol so that put an end to the process of treats every time, but she did always get a bit of a treat on return home after a walk.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

try taking her to one area, circle around or walk in a square and keep on walking in the same area(maybe w/ a 12 ft leash). you can use what ever term you want, some people say " hurry,hurry" or "get busy" i just say, "go pee". stick to that one area for potty walks,eventually something might happen then you give her a treat- something special like cheese. eventually she might just associate the pee and reward. it can take a while. don't go on a regular walk, just a pee/poop walk to one area. be patient, if she has an accident in the house don't get crazy, just clean it w/ water and white vinegar after you run outside w/ her and use the potty term. rome wasn't built in a day, be patient.