Hi From New England

Guest SmilinEyes

Guest SmilinEyes

Hi Everyone!

Just recently found this site. I don't have a greyhound at present, but miss them terribly and was thrilled to find this place where I might be able to get my "greyhound fix". :lol

Many years ago I was a placement rep for retired racers and have also had the privilege of sharing my life with 6 of these incredible beings. Two of them I adopted as puppies that were part of a rescue. Now that was a real treat.

My life is in a bit of a state of flux, but my heart still holds onto being able to work with greyhounds again in the future.

I hope to be popping in frequently. And as a former placement rep I wish to say God Bless all of you who work with and have taken these awesome creatures into your homes and hearts.

Susan

Hi Susan and welcome to Grey Talk. welcome2.gifgreenwave.gif Where are you located in New England?

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Hi and welcome from another New Englander!!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest SmilinEyes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I know how wonderful "greyhound people" are :colgate . One of the things I miss is the interaction and becoming friends with the new "parents".

Hi Susan and welcome to Grey Talk. welcome2.gifgreenwave.gif Where are you located in New England?

I am in MA. I used to place out of the Hinsdale track long ago. At that time when you had a prospective home you went to all of the kennels and saw all of the dogs that were going to be put down knowing you could only choose one. That was a real learning experience for me.

I'm from Western MA myself, and my bridge boy Shadow came from Hinsdale. Welcome to GT! If you're on the western side of the state there are weekly meet & greets up and down the Pioneer Valley if you ever need a fix. :colgate

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Welcome, Susan! I may be the only other one on GT without a grey! My Cody girl died 6 years ago this January and I haven't gotten another... have 2 kitties though!

You'll LOVE this site - and you can stay in the 'cult'!! :P:lol

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest SmilinEyes

I'm from Western MA myself, and my bridge boy Shadow came from Hinsdale. Welcome to GT! If you're on the western side of the state there are weekly meet & greets up and down the Pioneer Valley if you ever need a fix. :colgate

Yes, I'm in Western MA. I would love to attend an event and actually touch some greyhounds again. Whenever I see someone with a greyhound I go running over and beg the person to please let me pet and hug their dog :lol Being "greyhound people" they understand and usually don't mind unless they are in a hurry to be somewhere and I'm holding them up :(

Yes, I'm in Western MA. I would love to attend an event and actually touch some greyhounds again. Whenever I see someone with a greyhound I go running over and beg the person to please let me pet and hug their dog :lol Being "greyhound people" they understand and usually don't mind unless they are in a hurry to be somewhere and I'm holding them up :(

Greyhound Options is the main group in the area. Scroll down to the bottom of the main page of their web site to see the listing of meet & greets. Lots of people bring their dogs to them (including me!) to just hang out, so feel free to drop by any of them and just love on the pups for a while. Maybe we'll meet in person some time! :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest SmilinEyes

Greyhound Options is the main group in the area. Scroll down to the bottom of the main page of their web site to see the listing of meet & greets. Lots of people bring their dogs to them (including me!) to just hang out, so feel free to drop by any of them and just love on the pups for a while. Maybe we'll meet in person some time! :)

Thanks for the info :colgate I am definitely planning on attending some.

Edited by SmilinEyes

• 4 weeks later...