Please Spare Some Prayers And Good Wishes For Mittens

I don't know if you remember, but our Border Collie, Mittens was diagnosed with malignant melanoma of the upper gum last summer. Our vet lasered off as much as he could back then and since there is no decent treatment for this highly aggressive cancer, he basically told us to love her and let her enjoy as much as she has left of her life. She was considered a "hospice dog." He never, ever expected her to still be around six months later. We have had to take her back in for further debulking of the tumor, which is horribly aggressive, on a monthly basis. I hate having to put her through this so often, but she is feeling totally fine otherwise. She is happy and active and enjoys every minute of her life. She plays and enjoys eating and bossing the greyhounds around. Today she tried to climb the tree in the front yard attempting to catch a squirrel, who was raiding the bird feeder. She is tough as nails and deserves every fighting chance we can give her to allow her to have a happy remainder of her life.

The las time she had to have the laser surgery was the day after Thanksgiving. But her mouth has started to bleed a little every few days, if she bites on something on that side, and it seems like it might be time to get this done again. Her appointment is at 8 AM and I am a nervous wreck. I know that she is not going to be with us much longer, and I can't deal with that thought. I have always felt as if I loved my dogs too much, and that makes it so, so difficult when they are sick, because I pretty much lose control. I've always been this way, yet I cannot imagine not having dogs in my life, so I keep doing this over and over.

I just love her so much. I hate that she has this terrible cancer that seems to grow with a vengeance. Please keep her in your prayers and good wishes, that she gets through this OK and that the damn cancer growth slows down.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

It's easy to see how you could love the adorable Mittens! Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way, that everything goes as well as it possibly can.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

We'll be there with you in spirit. Many of us have gone through this before, and it sounds like you have too, but it is never easy. It is precisely because we love them so much that we get so much from them.

Good luck

Guest Greytluv

I have always felt as if I loved my dogs too much, and that makes it so, so difficult when they are sick, because I pretty much lose control. I've always been this way, yet I cannot imagine not having dogs in my life, so I keep doing this over and over.

I'm just like this. My family thinks there's something wrong with me blush.gif

Sending healing white light to Mittens :candle She's such a cutie :)

I have always felt as if I loved my dogs too much, and that makes it so, so difficult when they are sick, because I pretty much lose control. I've always been this way, yet I cannot imagine not having dogs in my life, so I keep doing this over and over.

In this boat, too. :blush

:grouphug:candle Let us know how your baby is. Hang in there.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending hugs for yourself and prayers for your darling Mittens.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

In this boat, too. :blush

:grouphug:candle Let us know how your baby is. Hang in there.

Add me to that list. Hugs for you and Mittens. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead