Eating 2 Sticks Of Butter

buddibear

Took the 2 greys on the pm walk. Left the Dane and Standard Poo in the house. When I returned not 3 min around the block in 39 degree Florida sunshine, 2 sticks of butter left out for oatmeal cookie GONE. I understand turkey skin ,gravies and fat holiday foods can be deadly for greyhounds with pancreatitis ?What can I expect knowing 100 pound dog probably ate it all?

You can induce vomiting, because it is really fatty. I just pour a couple mouthfuls of hydrogen peroxide down their mouths (a bunch will leak out which is fine). Make sure you do that outside because it can work very quickly. Otherwise, just keep a good watch on the pups. I'm sure you will get major diarrhea if you don't induce vomiting, so just beware.

Guest Stripeyfan

We used to have to give our springer her worm pills in butter... the only way to get them down her! She also ate anything and everything she could get her paws on (the deader and stinkier the better) and the only thing that ever made her sick was when she found sun-dried seagulls on the beach on vacation! Mind you Springers are notorious for their cast-iron stomachs, but unless either of your dogs have sensitive tummies I reckon they'll be fine.