Comet Needs Your Good Thoughts

Guest Swifthounds

Yes, how is he doing? Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swifthounds

Comet came home around 3pm today. Trojan was thrilled to have his partner in crime home at last. They sniff through the x pen. Everyone's definitely glad he's home.

It takes a harness and a towel sling to get him on his feet and put for potty and the short trips out take a lot out of him. Still, he's tough as nails.

Should have the pathology results Sunday. Honestly, as long as it doesn't come up as some fluke aggressive cancer I don't care how it comes back. He's taking his meds and eating like a champ.

Every day from today forward is a gift to be cherished.

Every day from today forward is a gift to be cherished.

Yep and that's exactly how I've been feeling about my Sparks

:grouphug

Hope he continues to do well

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest PhillyPups

Good news. I found, through experience, that a sweatshirt works better than a towel. It is strong, soft on their bodies and the sleeves make a good handle to hold onto, less bulky than the towel.

Many healing thoughts for Comet.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Glad that your boy is home and he received a warm welcome from his best bud Trojan :wub:

Hopefully in a day or so he's feeling better and able to get himself up on his feet on his ownsie.

Guest Swifthounds

Well, he has taken to being a bit pickier in his food choices, has had some initial trouble standing/walking long enough to pee and poop on potty breaks (leading to an ex-pen accident he tried to clean up himself - poor boy has always been upset when anyone had an indoor accident - had to keep him separate from any puppies lest he fret), and isn't happy about being physically separated from the others, but things are looking up!

He's on leash walks only with strict rest otherwise, but by Friday he was standing up on his own and toddling around in his ex pen. By Sunday morning he could toddle around the yard exploring and do a full potty in one trip outside (a big relief for him). He does a funny little woof when he's lonely and misses his pack, and he and Trojan seem to like their supervised visits. Honestly, I underestimated how much Trojan - Mr. Happy and Exuberant - really takes his confidence from Comet.

His complete thyroid panel came back from Hemopet and although his T4 was low, but not greyhound low and another measure was a bit suspect, everything looks good for now and we'll retest in 6 months just to be sure.

He gets a re-check in a few days and will either get a new bandage or go barefoot, depending on the healing. He gets the sutures out another week after that.

But what you really wanted to know was that the pathology results came back and it's NOT CANCER! :confetti :confetti :confetti

Oh, that's just the best news! :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Swifthounds

Comet had his re-check last evening. The original followup called for a visit in seven days for bandage removal and possibly a new bandage and a second visit a week later for suture removal.

Last night the surgeon took the bandage off and the foot looks great so no more bandage and no more meds! Good thing, too because the antibiotics were causing some lower GI issues even with the slippery elm bark.

He'll still be on strict rest except for short leash walks (his favorite part of the day) and kept separate from the other hounds (his least favorite part) for now, but he's doing amazingly well.

Such good news! Comet, you listen to your Momma and she will make sure you get better in a hurry! Hugs all around!:yay :yay