Newbies To Greytalk And Greyhounds

Guest cwholsin

Guest cwholsin

Hello all,

I'm sure some of you have already seen us in the forums.

My name is Meg and my husband Curt and I just moved to the Eugene, Oregon area at the beginning of the summer. We already had two cats that we moved with, but had been longing for a dog (for me, it's been 12 years of wanting a dog!).

Once Curt got a job, we decided to look into adopting. We found a greay adoption agency in Waldport and got started on the adoption process with a home visit from a volunteer. She cleared us for adoption, so I picked out our boy at a picnic while my husband was at work! He was THRILLED to meet Hermes when I went to go pick him up!

It's been an interesting process since we got him, he's our first greyhound and our first dog... so we've been learning from him as much as he's been learning from us!

We're happy to be a part of the community here at Greytalk and have already benefitted a LOT from the forums here!

Looking forward to hearing about your dogs!!

IMG_2814.jpg

Here's Hermes!!

Guest avadogner

Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama! It seems like yesterday when we adopted our baby Ava but it has been 8 years. I would have loved to had Greytalk in those early days. Hermes is so lovely. You are in for a wonderful journey together and you will find that you have "drank the greyhound Kool aid" pretty quickly. There's something different about greyhounds that turns their caretakers into people who will literally follow strangers cars if they see a grey in the backseat or a bumper sticker for GPA. They transform us into this dog obsessed slaves but we get so much in return. Amazingly, we waited 8 yrs to "chip" as in you can't have just one. Augie came home 2 wks ago and I find myself with all these new questions. Thank goodness grey parents feel so kindred with each other. You will find an amazing network of advisors, cheerleaders, listeners, talkers, and friends. Welcome to Greytalk!

Welcome from NH, Hermes is handsome!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Welcome! Hermes is very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross