Do Your Greys Follow You Everywhere Around The House?

Guest TeddysMom

Sometimes before I get up from the couch (or floor :rolleyes: ), I ask myself if this trip is really necessary ... :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Badger's guideline seems to be that as long as I am in sight, he doesn't have to follow, but if he can see me he has to track me down. In my smallish apartment, the only time he usually trails me is if I go into the kitchen or bedroom, neither of which he can see into from his bed. For some reason, it drives me crazy that he gets up every time I go into the kitchen - I think I feel bad that he's expending all that energy just to watch me, say, wash dishes.

When we're at my parents' full-fledged house, with many more blind corners and two whole floors, he's generally my permanent stalker unless he's sleeping deeply. I can tell when he's ready to turn in for the night there based on whether he's following me everywhere I go or not.

Guest ryeamans

Charlie definitely follows me around a lot! He'll jump right out of what looks like a really comfy position if I all of a sudden get up to use the bathroom or whatnot. Not every time, but often!

Guest queenme2

Nina follows me everywhere, and is the only one to keep me company when i'm sick. When ever we go out as a family to the park and we sometimes separate, like i'll take my son to slides while my DH takes pics at the opposite end of the park. Nina will whine until we are back together.

Guest TeddysMom

The whole herd follows me. I learned long ago to walk by shuffling my feet. When there are no dogs around I look like I have some sort of affliction.

:rofl:rofl That is hilarious because I can so picture it in my mind. It is exactly what I do if I have to get up at night because I fell over one of the dogs last year and landed face first on the floor. I looked like I had been in a boxing match. OUCH!!

Guest LindsaySF

Perfect description, school of fish. :lol My house is like that at mealtime too.

I'm really glad our house has an open floor plan. If the dogs can still see me they don't always get up. But if I go around a corner and they can't see me, it's a totally different story. God forbid I go into the bathroom.

I never used to do "the shuffle", but I've had to start since getting the Chihuahua mix. It's safer that way!

Guest happygrey

Yes. But Bentley is extreme and needs to follow me into the bathroom. :lol He needs to SEE me at all times. :lol

Sometimes before I get up from the couch (or floor :rolleyes: ), I ask myself if this trip is really necessary ... :lol

Yep -- this me too! :lol :lol

Guest duckbilled

Ike follows me but he waits to make sure I will be in that area for a little while before he gets motivated. Why waste energy? If he is sleepy, he doesn't care where I am - he is on the couch. If he is hyper, he is 12 inches away from me regardless of where I am - usually with a stuffy in his mouth (when I come out of the bathroom, there is always a stuffy sitting on the floor by the door). He doesn't follow my wife but as much but he is much more affectionate with her - they like to cuddle on the couch.

He is a good boy when we are gone and he adapts to closed doors but he is definitely a Velcro dog.

I have 1 girl that is the laziest grey I've ever seen! She will plant herself in the center of the living room & stay there all day. All the others move from place to place with me & yes, my whippet is much more velcro than the greys. I thought it was because I carried her around when she was tiny as she was so sick but maybe not. The oldest Momma likes to be near me too but that's ok, at least I feel loved!

Guest pichick712

My Indy is a true velcro dog. If I even move on the sofa, he gets up to see if I am going anywhere. He is still settling in as he has only been with me for 2 weeks but between me and my son, Indy has to be with either/both of us. I am thinking in time, that might settle down a bit????