Well, It Happened

Guest GoingRogue

Guest GoingRogue

Ok so you know how french onion dip has the silver seal on it after you remove the top? Well Rogue hit the trash while we were not looking and we believe he ate the silver, plastic seal. We can't find it any where. He has been acting normal all night but I'm still very worried. I'm praying he passes it without complications.

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar and what the results were.

Please send prayers that this passes. I can't even think about an obstruction, or worse.

I had a lab eat one of those little hard rubber balls (swallowed it whole), the kind that as a kid we used to call "Super Balls". I checked poo for a month and never saw anything. Almost ONE YEAR LATER, he coughed and puked it up! No damage, no problem. I hope your pup handles his erroneous consumption just as well!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I went to pick up an owner turn in one time, one of my former fosters. This Grey had raided the trash & cabinets once too often. Among the rather extensive list of items was a box of granola bars, plus their wrappers. The next morning I heard retching noises & then a cough. Out popped a metallic wrapper. It happened again a few days later. She also left some interesting deposits in the yard for a while.

This too shall pass!

ETA: Odd how she never tried getting into trash or cabinets in our house. hmmm...

Edited by kudzu

I ate the contents of a bag of TGI Fridays chips. Sam ate the bag.

Their bags are red and white with a silver lining. When Sam started pooping the red part, it scared the bejeebers out of me. Then I saw the white and silver bits and felt a little better.

Sam was fine.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest GoingRogue

It should all come out in the end. :P

That's a good one.

I've worked at a vet clinic (years ago) and remember the horror of the dreaded BLOCKAGE!!!!!! (although this prob wasn't enough to cause that). I feel very reassured by you guys that, as said eariler, "this to shall pass" :lol

So we are on poop patrol :P

Guest ChasesMum

ah dear Chase ate her fair share of things. only a tough chunk of silicone funnel ever blocked her (6 weeks after she ate it). certain things went through (paper wrappers, bamboo skewers :blink: ) but anything plasticky got barfed up, generally around 3am. :rolleyes: lots of times I saw what could have been dog or kid related swiping, and at 3am I would know who it was. she would eat ANYTHING.

i :rotfl at "this too shall pass' and "it should all come out in the end" TOO STINKIN FUNNY!!!

Edited by ChasesMum

He'll be fine!

It's basically paper. I've seen much worse things come out fine in the end...

Actually, if it's silver, it's probably Mylar, which is a metal coated plastic (or similar synthetic material), like a modern balloon. It is not digestible, as actual paper might be.

Not saying this warrants an e-vet, but I'd say call the vet's office and see what they say. If it's Mylar and it opens up and lays flat in the stomach over the exit to the colon, it could cause a blockage.

Not trying to be an alarmist, but I wouldn't blow it off by saying "it's just a piece of paper".

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest GoingRogue

Yep it was the silver cover sealing the dip. I'm still not 100% he ate it. If he did it was very fast and he may not have chewed it up. I would feel better if he had chewed it up. Nothing in the poop yet but he is still pooping.

Hopefully none of my neighbors have noticed me checking out his poop every time he goes.

:colgate

Edited by GoingRogue